Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting for Christmas. Anyone else? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-christmas-anyone-else-t227588.html)

wildwoodflower12390 08-09-2013 01:05 PM

I have been listening to Christmas music, does that count?

Stitch124 08-09-2013 01:13 PM

I've finished three Advent calendars for my daughters. Ordered Jake and the Neverland Pirates fabric for my grandson's cape/blanket....still thinking about quick gifts for others.

Sheilz 08-09-2013 02:46 PM

Four of my quilts have been done as Christmas pressies for my grown up children. My youngest was just given her one when I finished it though she hasn't seen it in the flesh yet as she's been in Australia for the past five weeks visiting her older sister. I got some lovely fabrics for trying my hand at table linen for other gifts. Not sure though how I will get on with these. :shock:

QltrSue 08-09-2013 03:07 PM

I have decided on the pattern for a lap quilt for my DDIL and will shop soon for the fabric. It's pretty straight forward and shouldn't take too long. I also want to make my daughter a table runner and place mats, but I haven't decided on the pattern yet. I'd love to make my granddaughters something like pjs, but I'm not sure they would be appreciated. Will continue to think and plan.

Lovequilting22 08-09-2013 03:41 PM

Lap quilt for my mom, placemats for my aunt and two flannel blankets for my grandkids. I'm new at this so we'll see how much I can get done by THIS Christmas! LOL

Jackie Spencer 08-09-2013 03:57 PM

So far this year ( for christmas ) I have made both of my daughters each a queen size quilt for their beds. My son in law a full size quilt, my youngest granddaughter a queen size quilt, and my soon to be married granddaughter a queen size wedding quilt. Wedding is in Nov. I am working on an appliqued Christmas Tree Quilt now, for myself!!

LTeachergeorge 08-09-2013 05:05 PM

I feel like a real slacker!!! I'm hoping to make minkee-backed quilts for 3 of my grandchildren. Eight-yr-old granddaughter has been spending some time with me this week and next and I let her sew some seams. I think she's hooked!!. She wanted to see my fabric so I showed it to her. She immediately spotted her quilt (even though it was inside out) and asked if it was for her, because of the hot pink binding. I told her I was sorry, but it was a donation quilt. Younger brother gets an Ï Spy"; and haven't quite decided on older sister's. I'd best get busy!!

Linda in Missouri

Tartan 08-09-2013 05:13 PM

​Yikes....137 days until Christmas!

gramajo 08-09-2013 05:29 PM

I had big plans at the begininning of the year. There were 4 large lap quilts I wanted to make and thought I'd have time to get them done. BUT I have to downsize and have been trying to get rid of 20+ years of stuff. I haven't sewn in 2 months. I'm moving in Sept. and hope to be organized enough to start sewing again by Oct. If I really push it, I may get 2 done for Christmas. I'm proud of myself, though, because I've already bought 3 gifts. They were just perfect for the recipient, so I had to get them.

franc36 08-09-2013 05:43 PM

I have finished 2 quilts for Christmas gifts and have 4 quilts at the LAQ. Tonight, I am sewing the binding on a quilt for Christmas. I have 2 tops here that I need to quilt myself. I have plans to make several other quilts as Christmas gifts. Last year, I didn't get my quilts finished in time so this year, I started early.