Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting for Christmas. Anyone else? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-christmas-anyone-else-t227588.html)

wendiq 08-11-2013 08:01 AM

I've got a couple table toppers in mind, but I, too, can't get in the Christmas mood yet.....another month and I may be able to do them. Won't take me long once I get started.....

StashJunkieJan 08-11-2013 09:27 AM

Well, one of DD's tops are done so it'll go on the pile waiting for backing & batting. I now need to come up with an idea for other DD. I thought I had hers planned out pretty well, but she mentioned to me the other day that she is redecorating her bedroom in a nautical theme; so back to the drawing board for me, or perhaps just the fabric shop. I also have plans to make 6 quillows (one for my youngest GD, one for my niece's baby, and the rest for friends children) but they go together pretty fast.

lridley 08-11-2013 04:26 PM

Making 8 rag quilts. Have 2 done and started on #3.

JuneBillie 08-11-2013 04:28 PM

I love hearing what everyone is either working on, or ideas for Christmas.

deedum 08-11-2013 06:00 PM

I have three lapquilts done except for bury the threads! I have three more planned, not sure it will happen though. I havent done much at all this summer. Need to get back to it, thanks for the reminder. I do plan to make some more hanging towels. I had 8 made for Christmas gifts but they got gobbled up by friends. So I am not telling anyone what I am working on here. I also made some kitchen knit dish cloths, and kitchen scrubbies and put away. About half of them left. Now I am in to machine embrodiery and so I see embrodiery towels for christmas gifts too. We dont do much these days for the holiday, yet nice to have some things on hand too.

CoventryUK 08-11-2013 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by sall (Post 6226094)
The saying goes,,,,, When you are a child Christmas seems to come every 5 years, when you are an adult Christmas seems to come 5 times a year!!

Hehe!! That's so true!!!!

dd 08-12-2013 04:01 AM

My niece sells Origami Owl jewelry so I was going to make her owl potholders since she always hosts Christmas. Then I found an owl wall hanging that I liked better. Now I'm thinking of using the owl potholder pattern and making a snap bag for her to carry little things in when she does her home parties. I made potholders for everyone in my family last year. My husband's family doesn't cook.

Anne P 08-12-2013 09:21 PM

I'm ready to quilt a baby quilt (due Oct. 8) and then start on a throw for my MIL. My FIL died March, 2011. I asked her what she was going to do with his shirts and she said she'd probably give them to Goodwill. I asked if I could have them so she gave them to me. I knew I wanted to make her a throw out of them.
I found a pattern called "Swing Your Partner" in Bonnie K. Hunter's Scraps & Shirttails. They were avid square dancers for many, many years so it will be perfect!
Don't know what else I'll do. DS just moved into a new house, but probably won't have time to make him a California king-sized quilt before this Christmas. May make some bags for friends. Meanwhile, I have a lot of yard work to get done!

linmid 08-13-2013 04:24 PM

I am making 3 "Flip Flop" quilts from Fons & Porter for 3 teens and want to start some table runners. I also want to make a lap quilt for the nurse who looks after my mother in the nursing home.

arobbins 06-26-2014 07:18 PM

I want to make an Advent calendar for my grandson. I am having a hard time find a panel. My children had the Cranston Beary Merry Christmas calendar and I would like something along that line. Any suggestions?