Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting for Christmas. Anyone else? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-christmas-anyone-else-t227588.html)

MaryStoaks 08-10-2013 08:55 AM

I'm working on Christmas quilts. I have a large family so will make as many as I can. So far I have two made and am finishing a top for a third today. Not everyone will get a quilt but I do the best I can. :thumbup:

Phillyquilter 08-10-2013 02:34 PM

What happened to Autumn, Halloween and Thanksgiving. Christmas-yikes

nananurse 08-10-2013 03:50 PM

I've got 8 mini quilts for my grand daughter's dollbabies, as she calls them done and I am working on table runners, placemats and pot holders as well as oven mitts, yoga tote and pillows for a nephew's man cave. Whew now I'm tired!!! Been working on all this since April and slowly but surely getting it done!!

BettyGee 08-10-2013 04:27 PM

I spent this week pulling out patterns for gifts. Took delivery of tea towels from Missouri Quilt Co, they had a great sale and selection; plan to make many gifts out of them using different themes for different folks. Most ambitious is a sampler, 12 Days of Christmas from Quiltmaker. I'd really like that to hang in our home, but as in past years I always run out of time. So starting this early just might let me accomplish what I want to do.

loreen 08-10-2013 04:49 PM

I am. I have three tops completed & working on two others. Then I will have to quilt them all.

trolleystation 08-10-2013 05:07 PM

Not quilts, just runners and placemats.

Mdegenhart 08-10-2013 05:19 PM

I just bought a Kanvas Frost layer cake & some yardage. I am going to turn the quilt for our advanced quilting class into a white, silver & blue Christmas wall hanging. I'll have leftover to make a table runner & maybe a small tree skirt.

butterflies5518 08-10-2013 05:22 PM

No, not this year. Family has all been taken care of and this year's quilts are 'just because'. Today I shared all my Christmas fabric with my mom for candle mats. I don't feel guilty like I thought I would but actually relieved. I am going to enjoy quilting this year without any rhyme or reason. 'Just because'.

carolaug 08-10-2013 05:29 PM

Great idea for the reunion table runner. I have one next week. I was going to do a postage stamp quilt but only have 5 rows done. I think the table runner will be less stress. I don't make any quilts for Christmas anymore. I make and give them away all year long.

Originally Posted by davis2se (Post 6226025)
I've made two table runners with the 10" half hexi ruler from MQSC, and I love them. One runner is going to my husband's family reunion blind auction today, and the other will go to one of my siblings as a Christmas present. I'm trying to force myself to do something different now - those half hexi runners are so nice, and so, so quick I can see myself having about 20 of them by Christmas.

lridley 08-10-2013 06:14 PM

Making 5 rag quilts for my 5 grand kids. 2 done so far.