Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Christmas Wish List Help!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-christmas-wish-list-help-t26372.html)

Tabby1957 10-05-2009 09:04 AM

Oh....I forgot to mention.............FABRIC! More and more fabric.

CJean 10-06-2009 05:30 AM

My daughter is just starting into quilting and is overwhelmed at the possibilities, but also realizes she "has to start somewhere". She is intrigued with jelly rolls and likes the fact that they are already color coordinated . . . SO . . . for her birthday I got her two jelly rolls and ordered a book, "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts" . . . in looking at it I think it will have a range of skill levels. Hope to narrow things down for her abit. Carol

marta 10-06-2009 06:25 AM

I quilted hot pads with the Square in a Square for our Quilt Boutique and they sold well. Just make a sqaure for that pattern, make a back and sew together after having quilted the pattern.

Harmony 10-06-2009 06:52 AM

How about a gift card for an online store like Fat Quarter Quilters or the Fat Quarter Shop? I could blow about $500 there and never blink an eye!

Quilting Aggi 10-06-2009 07:58 AM

I will see Lesley on Thursday and I'm going to create a list of all your ideas. She will have a huge list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks sooooooooooo much for all your FABULOUS ideas!

Rose Marie 10-06-2009 08:38 AM

Find out what feet come with her sewing machine. Some do not come with a walking foot or a 1/4 inch foot.
A mat that turns is a must for a beginner.
A years subscription to QNNTV to learn all the different ways the experts cut and sew. Thats how I learned to quilt.
A selection of fat quarters would be nice.
Quilt in a Day flying geese ruler and the triangle square up ruler are my mainstays.

nuttyhurricane 10-06-2009 02:32 PM

How about a long folding table or desk to put her machine and cutting mat on? I am sure the hubby to be would like to sit at the table to eat at least one meal a week.

Katrina

Bev 10-07-2009 09:07 AM

A "lazy-susan" style 12" cutting board. Olfa makes the one I have. For cutting squares and smaller pieces. I'd hate to be without it. Also I use my pinking shears for cutting the edges of ravelly fabric before washing it. Works like a charm. Otherwise I always love to get and give fat quarters as gifts. A very good fat quarter book is nice to have. I believe M'liss Rae Hawley has one out in the shops, can't recall the title. And for paper piecing, Carol Doak's "Show Me How To Paper Piece", it's excellent. 8)

Quilting Aggi 10-07-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by nuttyhurricane
How about a long folding table or desk to put her machine and cutting mat on? I am sure the hubby to be would like to sit at the table to eat at least one meal a week.

Katrina

She told me she has plenty of table/desk area. She is taking over a large portion of their basement/rec room.

Quilting Aggi 10-07-2009 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bev
A "lazy-susan" style 12" cutting board. Olfa makes the one I have. For cutting squares and smaller pieces. I'd hate to be without it. Also I use my pinking shears for cutting the edges of ravelly fabric before washing it. Works like a charm. Otherwise I always love to get and give fat quarters as gifts. A very good fat quarter book is nice to have. I believe M'liss Rae Hawley has one out in the shops, can't recall the title. And for paper piecing, Carol Doak's "Show Me How To Paper Piece", it's excellent. 8)

Paper piecing is sooo much fun! I taught it in my class last Saturday. They really enjoyed it!