Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which quilting magazine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazine-t190457.html)

krysti 05-31-2012 07:17 AM

Which quilting magazine?

Hi all. I've been receiving several offers for quilting magazine subscriptions. Right now, the only one I get is Easy Quilts. There are just so many, and if one could afford to get them all; it would be easy. So, thought I'd ask the experts--which magazine or magazines do you subscribe to? Which do you like best, and why? Are there any to stay away from? Thanks!

auntpiggylpn 05-31-2012 07:22 AM

I used to subscribe to a whole gaggle of them. Then I realized that I look thru them once or twice and then they go on my bookshelf. I let all the subscriptions run out. Recently, I got my final issue of "Quilters World" and I'm sad. I think I will probably have to renew this one. I really enjoy it!!!

Freddie 05-31-2012 07:23 AM

I am sorry. but I don't subscribe to any. I look for quilt blocks and then designs my own quilts.
However, I do have Electric Quilt 6, so I can see what I am doing.
Hope someone else will be more help to you.

eann 05-31-2012 07:26 AM

Quilters World for me, too. I've found patterns I think I can handle.

jad1044 05-31-2012 07:36 AM

Quilters World was the best for me, and the one you are about to expire on - I'd get both of them; they are the best as far as I can see...

susie-susie-susie 05-31-2012 07:37 AM

McCalls Quilting is a favorite and I should subscribe to Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting since I buy it every issue. I try not to stock up on so many magazines, but I can't help myself. I have all the patterns I need and will have to live to be at least 200 to get them all done. lol
Sue

Nanaquilts44 05-31-2012 07:38 AM

McCall's Quilting is my favorite right now.

Tartan 05-31-2012 07:50 AM

The only one I regularly pick up in Quilter's Newsletter. The title speaks for itself because it is more about what is going on in the quilting world rather than a lot of patterns. I pick up a few issues of other magazines if I want to try one of the patterns featured in that issue. I find that there are not a lot of patterns that are new to merit a subscription. Lately I've been picking up Quilts and more for their small projects. I did the T-shirt tissue holders in the last issue and they are very cute. I figure that if a magazine has 1 pattern that I do it is like purchasing a pattern. That's how I justify the price of quilting magazines in my budget.

liont 05-31-2012 08:06 AM

I flipped through a sample of Art Quilt online, and I was drooling. Anyone subscribed to Art Quilt? Do you go through the main website or through 3rd parties like Amazon? Prices are better at third parties sites, it seems. But I am wary about garbage of flyers that jam your mailbox.

sharon b 05-31-2012 08:09 AM

I get McCalls and Fons and Potter- if I had to choose just one it would be the McCalls :)