Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which quilting magazine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazine-t190457.html)

joyce888 05-31-2012 02:37 PM

Fons and Porter, McCalls Quilting, Quick Quilts, and Quiltmaker are my favorites and in that order.

Lizzytish 05-31-2012 03:36 PM

McCalls and Quilters World here like them both. They have patterns everyday quilters can manage plus new techniques if you want to learn some. Check out there websites/facebook page before you subscribe it may help you decide.. Good Luck.

quiltin chris 05-31-2012 03:48 PM

My favorite is American Patchwork & Quilting. I used to get a whole bunch but right now they are in a box in my basement. So I just get one now. Really do enjoy reading it.

annt59 05-31-2012 03:57 PM

I recently signed up for digital Quilters World with back issues. I am loving it! The price is very good.

QuiltnLady1 05-31-2012 04:36 PM

I get Fons & Porter, Quiltmaker, American Patchwork and Quilting and McCalls. I use Quiltmaker and McCalls most frequently for inspiration, but just when I decide to ditch the other two they come up with something that really inspires me. Before I subscribed to any magazines, I went to Barnes and Noble and looked at all the magazines buying what inspired me for a few months.

liking quilting 05-31-2012 05:52 PM

Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting

aborning 06-01-2012 05:19 AM

I buy Fons & Porter, Better Homes and Gardens American Patchwork and Quilting, McCalls Quilting, Quilts and More, and Quilt Magazine. I glance through them in the store and only buy them if they look "interesting" to me. I no longer subscribe to them ' cause when you subscribe for a year, you barely get your first magazine and they're already sending you notices that your subscription is due. That irritates me as it is too hard to keep track of when each magazine is actually due. Plus they were usually on the store shelves before I got hem inthe mail when I subscribed.

TexasGurl 06-01-2012 08:12 AM

I still subscribe to BHG American Patchwork & Quilting and McCall's - they seem to have more patterns I'll ACTUALLY make ! I still get Fons & Porter too but a lot of theirs seems rehashed now.
Quilter's Newsletter is great if you want mostly articles & quilter bios. Quiltmaker has a lot of kids & baby patterns. Check them out online before you decide ...

Primitive Quilts is wonderful if you like prims and wools etc, it's as good as a book. Also several new Modern quilting mags are out now for modern quilt lovers ...

and I agree with aborning, often stores have the mags before they come in the mail ?? I'll see them on the shelf and get irritated that I haven't received MINE yet !

Cindy60545 06-02-2012 02:49 AM

Quiltmaker, Quilters World, BHG American Patchwork, easy quilts. But I'm probably going to let them go when they expire as there's really nothing new, just rehashing the same patterns with new fabrics.

YC Quilter 06-02-2012 03:35 AM

I currently get both the Fons and Porter Love of quilting, and The Quilter Magazine. I am trying to ignore all the other ads because magazines tend to pile up! I love The Quilter because many of the featured quilts are in my taste style and often the are designed by my LQS. F & P has some good instruction sections, although they tend to promote their own special rulers etc. I like to browse them both to get ideas, but now I'm gettIng a lot of those right here on this Board!