Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Magazines-GRRRR!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazines-grrrr-t63148.html)

pbreon 09-07-2010 06:41 AM

You can go in goole the title and find the mag.. or just go into the magazine title and issue date... I have done this myself and found what i was looking for....

Originally Posted by madamekelly

Originally Posted by girardgirl61
Speaking of patterns does anyone have the "dressed to the nines" pattern which appeared in the April 09 issue of Quick Quilts. It is of little girl pinafore dresses appliqued on white background squares. I love it. I have looked at and loved it, but never could find a copy of the magazine. I have not gone to the library yet. Just wondering......

I will check in my large magazine collection for you.

lscho4jm 09-07-2010 08:58 AM

Eddie, I sent you an email. Didn't want you to think it was spam or someone trying to sell you something. <g>

Linda

Kaye 09-07-2010 06:04 PM

Thank you for sharing this information! I enjoyed reading this magazine and have subscribed to it for future issues.

teresa crawford 09-07-2010 09:14 PM

well ladies, i love my quilt mags, i'm a new quilter,and i have learrned a whole lots of information on quilting ,and the quilts are bueatiful.. and about the price of fabric , you get what you pay for ,have you ever had a diamond a real one doesn't it make you feel special? so does having and expensive quilt, it makes you proud of it and it will sell at a higher price when apraised good luck girls

zz-pd 09-07-2010 10:18 PM

If I had money to buy, I would not buy books or magazines if I could not look threw them. God bless.

craftiladi 09-08-2010 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I just received a free copy of Fons and Porter, that had a free DVD as a freebie. I'm glad I did not spend any money, since the DVD will not play on my imac! Grrrrrr!

I received a free dvd from F & P and then a few weeks later received a invoice for that dvd, wrote to them and told them why I had already canceled my subscription and I wasn't paying for something I hadn't requested.

grannie cheechee 09-08-2010 07:29 AM

When I rec'd my QW mag, and it was in plastic wrap I was sure glad. The reason? It was del'd to another street, and the youngster that brought it to me told me that her mom really would have liked to have looked at it before I got it. I've had other mags that I haven't gooten when I should have, and now I know why. As far as in the stores being in plastic its probably because they want you to buy before you see it or too many thumb through or spill on them. The plstic wrap is costing the companies more so our subscriptions keep going up.

Ilovemydogs 09-08-2010 12:20 PM

My mom usually will get magazines and then pass them to me. It is easier to share. Sometimes there are only a few things in there that I would want.

Linda2010 09-09-2010 04:47 PM

I don't like it when you buy a magazine because a pattern count your eye. Then when you read it ,you have to buy the mag again next month to get the other parts of the pattern.

Dreaming 11-02-2010 12:00 PM

I really don't think your missing anything. It is very rare, that I find something I like in a magazine. Personally, I think they know that there is nothing attractive in them and that putting them in plastic prevents people from thumbing through them and realizing that they don't want them. Just mine opinion.