Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Magazines-GRRRR!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazines-grrrr-t63148.html)

garysgal 09-06-2010 06:56 PM

One other thing- this month, I saw about 4 magazines in plastic. So it isn't just a Fons & Porter thing.

texas granny 09-06-2010 07:05 PM

The reason I stopped getting the mag by mail. is Its was middle of Aug. just turn to Sept and I alredy have to mag that are Sept Oct then I got another one its dated Oct.Nov..They want to push push tgo see thing to buy

lucyb 09-06-2010 08:20 PM

The plastic gripes me also. Especially the ones I subscribe to that are in the store, covered in plastic ,because the ones in the store have an extra something that I as a subscriber didn't get. Why do they get the extra and not me?

wildyard 09-06-2010 08:21 PM

I have pretty much given up all magazines these days. There are so many ads in them I figure they should probably be paying me to read them. LOL I took one of the magazines I used to get, and removed all the ads from it that I could. If there was an article on one side of a page and an ad on the other side, I removed half a page. By the time I finished taking all the ads out, more than half the magazine was gone. Then I removed other non-reading things like coupons, ordering catalog slips, things that named the companies they featured in the articles (another kind of ad really) and references to brand names in recipes etc. I don't think there was 1/4th of the magazine remaining by the time all the fluff and gratuitous stuff was removed. That did it for me.

lucyb 09-06-2010 08:32 PM

I recently stopped all my magazines also. I have a whole room full. I'd rather buy cloth. I'll buy one if there is something special in it. Fons and Porter won't be one of them.

madamekelly 09-06-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by girardgirl61
Speaking of patterns does anyone have the "dressed to the nines" pattern which appeared in the April 09 issue of Quick Quilts. It is of little girl pinafore dresses appliqued on white background squares. I love it. I have looked at and loved it, but never could find a copy of the magazine. I have not gone to the library yet. Just wondering......

I will check in my large magazine collection for you.

VernaL 09-06-2010 09:10 PM

I'm sort of a crazy magazine person and probably buy too many. They have to have several patterns or articles in them for me to buy them. All I see here in plastic are F & P and I never buy them because of that. They should look at this newslist.
Verna in So Cal.

pbreon 09-07-2010 06:25 AM

Done! say, thanks for the info... sometimes there are none in the mag, worth buying for the price of the mag... :-P

Lucy90 09-07-2010 06:29 AM

F&P are the only ones in plastic here. I also go on the internet and pay for a pattern if I want it. Also you can get all the hints and help you need on the internet instead of buying a magazine that has tips and is wrapped in plastic. The library is also a great place to look at magazines and books. If I like a book I take it home and make the pattern.

May in Jersey 09-07-2010 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by carrieg
I'm a little ticked at F&P right now. I let my subscription run out. I recently rec'd a dvd in the mail from them, but didn't open it for a few days. If I wanted to keep it, I was going to have to pay for it! I sent it straight back to them in their prepaid envelope! I did not appreciate them doing that!

I used to subscribe to F&P and receive lots of mail from them, which I promptly throw unopened into our mail recycling box. I hope didn't throw away a DVD that they expect me to pay for. Found out years ago anything you receive in the mail that you didn't order is yours to keep or throw away.

Like many of you gals I've lost my interest in quilt mags. I'm saving my mag $'s for fabric buying, now that always something that interests me. LOL! May in Jersey