Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilts and colors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilts-colors-t90113.html)

Phyl 01-16-2011 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by merry
Keep your quilts, give away your SIL :)

LOL!!! You are sooooooooooooooo right!! Thanks for putting it all in the proper perspective! :XD: :XD: :XD:

madamekelly 01-16-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Phyl

Originally Posted by merry
Keep your quilts, give away your SIL :)

LOL!!! You are sooooooooooooooo right!! Thanks for putting it all in the proper perspective! :XD: :XD: :XD:

Touche'

mayday 01-17-2011 12:42 AM

I think quilts are rather different ,they are their own thing and do not really need to "match" their surroundings, I , personally cannot stand " tweedom "where everything in the house is contrived .

iltoaz 01-17-2011 12:17 PM

Sometimes when you make a quilt "outside your colors" you may find "new colors" I do.

callie 01-18-2011 10:29 AM

Let me share my wonderful experience. I also have neutral walls for the express purpose of being able to add color in whatever way I want. Currently my room has burgandy curtains and when my husband died last Oct. a friend quickly took her scraps and sewed them together to make a single piece of cloth, then cut them in blocks. The blocks are sewn with sashing of different colors & the prominant color front and back seems to be yellow - a color I would never have used myself - but I LOVE the quilt for many reasons. A second friend made me a quilt that is predominantly brown and green - again, colors I would not haven choosen but again, I LOVE the quilt. When a quilter quilts they put so much L-O-V-E into the quilt or quilted item - so why not enjoy that special love ... it is truly a wonderful gift to yourself. Some people can't think out of the box - but you are learning to express yourself and that's wonderful.

TanyaLynn 01-18-2011 10:46 AM

Tell her it's a for a family member- maybe. Let her worry that she will have the colors in her house! Or maybe it's for the next time you redecorate. It's your new colors!

IBQUILTIN 01-18-2011 12:19 PM

No quilt police at my house, and nothing matches anywhere. Quilts are just fun. Table toppers and sofa runners and bed quilts. What does it matter if they "match" anything? They are mine, I made them out of love, and I enjoy them. So there SIL

yolanda 01-18-2011 12:23 PM

i concur - make quilts from fabrics and with colors you enjoy and put them anywhere YOU want confidently!!

mannem 01-18-2011 12:52 PM

It is your quilt and YOU put it where you want, basta
It would be a very boring world if we would have everything matching and everybody liked the same thing. You ask 20 different ppl and you will get 20 different opinions. So just smile at her and think $%#@& :-)

mannem 01-18-2011 12:56 PM

Happy treadler, I like you design wall. Another idea is to buy one of those Holiday flannel back table clothes in January and use that, stuff will stick.