Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quiltsmart patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quiltsmart-patterns-t144485.html)

GV09 08-12-2011 09:16 AM

I'm in love with these products for 2 years!
If there were in my country, would go running to buy to get those beautiful patterns I see and do it quickly and well.
I do not think "cheating" I think it's a different technique!
Thanks for all the data!
MTS I must admit that although the yellow is a color chosen by me ... I really like the Lone Star!
Bobbinchick love your avatar! My favorite colors!
A big hug for all!

franair 08-12-2011 09:34 AM

I used the quilt smart pattern for my double wedding quilt.. I found it very easy..My quilt came out beautifully.

watterstide 08-12-2011 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by GV09
If there were in my country, would go running to buy to get those beautiful patterns I see and do it quickly and well.
Thanks for all the data!
MTS I must admit that although the yellow is a color chosen by me ... I really like the Lone Star!
A big hug for all!

check your email friend.. :lol:

GV09 08-12-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

Originally Posted by GV09
Thanks for all the data!
A big hug for all!

check your email friend.. :lol:

Hahahahaha!!!
:thumbup:

jadet 08-12-2011 10:35 AM

This may be a silly question but I have never used interfacing before. When you are done with the quilt does it have a crinkly feeling. Does the iterfacing dissolve when washed?

Olivia's Grammy 08-12-2011 10:37 AM

When you fold to take the seam inbetween the rows, doesn't that make it lumpy. Or do you open the seam and press it flat. I wish she had showed that step. I'm having trouble wrapping my feeble brain around it.

MTS 08-12-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
When you fold to take the seam inbetween the rows, doesn't that make it lumpy. Or do you open the seam and press it flat. I wish she had showed that step. I'm having trouble wrapping my feeble brain around it.

The first one I did I pressed to the side as directed, and it was fine.
But on the 2nd (and subsequent ones) I did press the seams open. But that was just a choice.

Because of the rectangles, there is a bit of extra heft to the sections, but you really don't feel the extra bulk. It's not a thick interfacing. Actually, it's thin enough that you can easily poke a pencil through it.

As noted upthread, you can't hand quilt it. That's out of the question.
But all of mine have been longarmed, and my friend did all of hers on her Viking, also without any problems.

Bobbinchick 08-12-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by jadet
This may be a silly question but I have never used interfacing before. When you are done with the quilt does it have a crinkly feeling. Does the iterfacing dissolve when washed?

I don't think it dessolves when it is washed, but no it won't have a crinkly feeling or sound as it is a real soft interfacing. It is non woven and it is pretty strong too. Have a great day Huggies, Fay

Raggiemom 08-12-2011 03:19 PM

I'm glad I read this thread. I've done the bags and Christmas stockings but haven'te tried any of the quilt kits. Will have to try one of these now.

snipforfun 08-12-2011 03:31 PM

I have made several QS patterns and they have all been applique. just finished the Pumpkin Seed. I really like the concept but IMHO the interfacing material is too thin and fragil easy to poke holes in it when turning right side out.