Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Re: JoAnn's Scratch Off Coupon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/re-joanns-scratch-off-coupon-t59344.html)

ghostrider 08-14-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I'm just curious...again. I would like to know how often do you shop at JoAnn's, and how much do you spend? I'm trying to figure out if the amount on the scratch-off is related to the amount spent in the store or what.

If they could track what you spend, which they can't except when you use the barcoded coupons, and did key the scratch-off to that amount, then the higher value coupons would probably go to the lower spending people, not the higher spending ones. They want it to be an enticement more than they want it to be a reward.

Quilter Day-by-Day 08-14-2010 04:31 PM

I got mine and it is 40% good for 20-22. I only shop at Joanns when there is a sale otherwise they are to expensive.

thismomquilts 08-14-2010 05:15 PM

you can always go on line and use coupons for rolls of batting... that's what I do.

retired2pa 08-14-2010 05:27 PM

Mine was for 50%. Wish our store sold Jelly Rolls :( I'm sure I'll find something I can't live without...LOL

roseville rose 08-14-2010 08:23 PM

I got a 70% off scratch off--whoo who!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimplyLisa 08-14-2010 08:43 PM

Mine was 50% To make sure you get your ads on time have them scan your barcode everytime you get one whether you purchase or not! REMEMBER You can use the coupons on Special Orders-for material when they don't have it in stock, batting on the roll ect. It doesn't have to be some wild order just what you want-and a full bolt is a single cut! I used to work there!Hopefully policy hasn't changed!

magnolia 08-14-2010 08:59 PM

Mine was only for 40%. But, starting tomorrow their quilters showcase fabrics are only $1.99 a yard!

Honchey 08-14-2010 09:11 PM

Magnolia, Be careful with that fabric line, It frays like crazy.

magnolia 08-14-2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Magnolia, Be careful with that fabric line, It frays like crazy.

haha, maybe that's why they sell it so cheap. I did use some in my nephews quilt, but it seemed to hold up okay. Some of it did fray but didn't seem too excessive-but it was just for a simple four patch quilt-nothing fancy. My nephew is only 1 so I didn't want to use anything too expensive-I expect it to get drug around the house.

quilting Carol 08-14-2010 09:50 PM

I use to work there my last day in may this year...If you don't have your mailer scanned for more than two months you will not recieve any more. I get mine scanned every time and I got a 50% off scratch off. I usually buy one or two items. less than $20.
every morning they have a huddle before store opens. They have a daily customer count and how many items count per customer count. they have each team member set a goal to inprove that count.I do not help that count as I only use my coupon and buy one thing. At the cuting counter you are to be chatty and ask what they are making,suggest,zippers or binding,thread whatever you think you can get them to buy...I liked the job but it was PT and if they were not as busy as planned they sent people home...my trip was 26 miles one way...