Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   recycled/repurposed Denim projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/recycled-repurposed-denim-projects-t102015.html)

Newby0709 02-22-2011 10:18 AM

Is this sandwiched? if so with what? Or is it only the denim patches?

It looks great![/quote]

It is sandwiched and tied.

running1 02-22-2011 10:20 AM

What about some placemats... you could use bandanas for napkins? I haven't made these, but it could be cute?

And I love reading these ideas... I have a lot of old denim clothing that I've been saving to do a rag quilt... but I have more than enough for a quilt...

Love all the displays so far, too!!

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by running1
What about some placemats... you could use bandanas for napkins? I haven't made these, but it could be cute?

And I love reading these ideas... I have a lot of old denim clothing that I've been saving to do a rag quilt... but I have more than enough for a quilt...

love this idea! with the pockets to hold the flatware and napkin!

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Newby0709

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by Newby0709
Here's on I made a few years ago...

wow..that is denim..or chambray?

all denim...jeans from my children mostly

wow..is it heavy? it sure is pretty how you played all the colors out..

LeslieFrost 02-22-2011 10:33 AM

I've seen cute aprons made from old jeans -- appearance was like the bags pictured.

running1 02-22-2011 10:34 AM

Oh yes!! I hadn't thought of that!! Hmmm, I'm thinking these would be good gifts for next December!!

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by running1

love this idea! with the pockets to hold the flatware and napkin!

quilter1943 02-22-2011 12:36 PM

I have done a lot of the bags. Especially like to find colored denim for them. Have a large one I made from some big man jeans. It's great to haul things to classes.

suezquilts 02-22-2011 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I make rugs, I was getting the strips sewn on Sunday afternoon.

SWChick 02-22-2011 02:22 PM

Placemats are great out of the backs of jeans. Need 34 on waist or biger. Leave the waist band on, you put your napkin there . Do a. Slow curve cut from one side to other. Bind with same fabric as napkin. You can take the pockets off and do an applique or embrodreyM, then put pockets back on to hold silverware. You don't need to back but can if you want. I made a set of 4 for a bridle shower over 20 years ago for a cousin. Put their initicals on the pockets. They still have and use them today. Great for picnics and such or on the table.

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by suezquilts
I make rugs, I was getting the strips sewn on Sunday afternoon.

what type of thread do you use? Is this done on a loom?