Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Road Trip!!!! map at post 17 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/road-trip-map-post-17-a-t254358.html)

QuiltnNan 09-26-2014 02:05 AM

Road Trip!!!! map at post 17

What a great time we had yesterday. Three friends take their machines to be serviced in Penn Yan NY, Amish country. We had to leave home at 6am and didn't get back until 6pm... exhausting. The repair shop gives out maps of all the quilt related shops in the area. So after having breakfast, we visited 4 shops, then lunch and a couple of more shops. The shops were so varied... one delightful lady owns The Quilt Room and sells mostly finished quilts and items. She let us know that she also offers lunches to groups in her home to enjoy a meal and talk quilts... what a fun idea. Our guilds are thinking of inviting her to come speak to us as she is rather a 'colors' expert. Another shop we visited is mainly a fabric store, but also sells finished clothing related items like hats, bonnets, suspenders, baby outfits. She had a clearance rack of quality fabrics on clearance - $4/yard. [the other ladies were remarking of the prince increase from $3/yard LOL]. Another shop was really a general store with a huge fabric section... excellent prices there and browsing the unusual general items. Another shop was new and was located in an old barn with the date of 1879 on it. And we barely had spare room, but picked up very inexpensive pumpkins and squashes at a roadside stand on the way home. The weather could not have been more perfect and even got a glimpse of the fall leaves just turning on the trees.

Silver Needle 09-26-2014 02:17 AM

Sounds like a great time was had by all! I'm leaving for a 3 day quilt retreat in a couple of hours. I'm sure we'll have as much fun as it sounds like you all did.

liking quilting 09-26-2014 02:26 AM

What a wonderful way to spend the day!

QuiltnNan 09-26-2014 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Needle (Post 6904177)
Sounds like a great time was had by all! I'm leaving for a 3 day quilt retreat in a couple of hours. I'm sure we'll have as much fun as it sounds like you all did.

have a grand quilty time :)

Nammie to 7 09-26-2014 05:42 AM

Sounds like a wonderful trip! A good friend and I go on a quilt trip about once a year and have such a good time.

Homespun 09-26-2014 05:52 AM

Sounds great!

feline fanatic 09-26-2014 06:12 AM

You hit two of my favorites. Ada's Golden Lane and Edgewood. I make an annual pilgrimage to both.

calla 09-26-2014 06:13 AM

How fun did you purchase?

Terry in the ADK 09-26-2014 06:29 AM

We love our trips there and usually our DH drive us so we can hand sew on the way. Sometimes we drop them off at the Curtis museum in Hammondsport and then we go off to the shops meeting up for lunch and or dinner. A great day. Don't forget to stop at Oak Hill bulk food store!

Lori S 09-26-2014 06:32 AM

Fall in Western NY!!! It only get better when you combine quilt related activity! What a day.