Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is Roomba any good for us (quilters)? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/roomba-any-good-us-quilters-t195651.html)

Christine- 07-24-2012 06:58 PM

A nice thing about the Roomba scheduler, you can set it to go off at 2 AM so it's done by the time you wake up! It has wall thingees you can put in doorways to keep it from going where you don't want it to go. Mine wore itself out, I need to buy a new one! They are faaabulous for a house with all wood floors and a cat!

lfletcher 07-25-2012 03:49 AM

I have all hard surface floors so I went with a Mint. You can use Swifter Sheets with it, but I cut up left over cotton batting and use that. I love it. It also mops. It does come with 2 cloths for sweeping and 1 cloth for mopping, but I can't seem to get them washed prior to when I want to use again. Well worth the investment.

liont 07-25-2012 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by lfletcher (Post 5392371)
I have all hard surface floors so I went with a Mint. You can use Swifter Sheets with it, but I cut up left over cotton batting and use that. I love it. It also mops. It does come with 2 cloths for sweeping and 1 cloth for mopping, but I can't seem to get them washed prior to when I want to use again. Well worth the investment.

Ah, another one to look into. Thanks! So this sweeps and mops, that is one up compared to Roomba:)

Deborahlees 07-25-2012 08:31 AM

There is a 'new' one out that is being advertised on TV that uses a swifter pad, I think it is called Mint automatic floor cleaner and is being sold by Bed Bath and Beyond.....now that may be good for a sewing room, no rollers.

Lucio 07-25-2012 08:58 AM

My husband gave me one a few years ago for Christmas. (Yes, you get that kind of gift after 50 years of marriage). It was really his toy. Mine didn't vacuum, it just swept up like the old fashioned carpet sweepers. My sewing room floor space is so small that it really didn't have much area to go and do it's thing. We stopped using it when the battery died and the replacement ones were so very expensive.

Amythyst02 07-26-2012 04:04 AM

I loved mine, but like Lucio when the battery went dead, I have not replaced it. They are very expensive. Although I can say it did last a long time. Maybe one of these days I will break down and get another.

Gail B 07-26-2012 04:28 AM

The Roomba is fantastic! I use it in my sewing room all the time. Threads clean off great with the little tool Roomba has.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 07-26-2012 04:29 AM

I don't have anything on my floor. Am I the only one? I have the little pin cushions with bags bags hanging on my cutting table and sewing machine table. As I make a mess I put the threads and scraps in there. The biggest problem I had was pins but now I use the bigger ones with heads and I can find them if I drop them.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 07-26-2012 04:30 AM

I don't have anything on my floor. Am I the only one? I have the little pin cushions with bags hanging on my cutting table and sewing machine table. As I make a mess I put the threads and scraps in there. The biggest problem I had was pins but now I use the bigger ones with heads and I can find them if I drop them.

#1piecemaker 07-26-2012 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 5391897)
I have too much junk on my floor! I have the Dyson Animal. Very powerful

Me too. A Roomba wouldn't touch it. It would run under the nearest piece of furniture and hide!