Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotating Cutting Mat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotating-cutting-mat-t52413.html)

Joeysnana 07-05-2010 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by polly13
It's especially nice since I am left-handed and often seem to line my ruler up on the wrong side. A quick turn and I'm ready to cut.

Me too! I'm a leftie and glad to hear I'm not the only one that does this!! :-D

gollytwo 07-05-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have large rectangle one I bought years ago at Hancock
Fabrics. I haven't seen a rectangle one since. And the mat is replaceable! Great product. Odd it's no longer available.

Hancock probably figured they'd make more money selling the other kind - cynic that I am.

I don't like the square ones because they don't rotate easily for me. I am devoted to Come Quilt with Me's round rotating board.
I was using it at a recent retreat and several women tried it and are ordering - they too had been having trouble with the square ones.

BonniFeltz 07-05-2010 09:46 AM

I don't have a rotating one but DO have one that is the ironing on one side and the cutting on the other. I just used that and It's great also.

I was worried that the rotating ones would move when I try to cut on it. You know, shimmy back and forth or something.

Annz 07-05-2010 03:53 PM

I agree. I would not enjoy cutting without one.

zz-pd 07-05-2010 11:59 PM

I am happy for you. God bless. Penny

Ps 150 07-06-2010 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I don't have a rotating one but DO have one that is the ironing on one side and the cutting on the other. I just used that and It's great also.

I was worried that the rotating ones would move when I try to cut on it. You know, shimmy back and forth or something.

Mine doesn't rotate when I cut because I'm holding it in place when I'm holding the ruler in place to square up. But I also have the Cut 'n' Press and love that, too. I have a large one that folds open so that the cutting mat is next to the pressing mat and I have a small one that flips so that the pressing mat is one side and the cutting is on the other. It fits perfectly in my sewing machine bag.

Barbara Lee 07-06-2010 09:10 AM

I just went to Joann's yesterday after reading all the thoughts on the rotating mat. I'd been wanting one but, you know how that goes, we went every gaget. Anyway I called joann's, the 14" and 17" were on sale. I chose the 14" as you all thought that was a good starter. When I got there it not only was on sale but they had a 10% coupon on anything. So It came out to a $16 and change. Pretty good deal I thought.

MI Applique Queen 07-06-2010 01:03 PM

What a great deal. I have some of those coupons I should go and check it out.

Barbara Lee 07-06-2010 05:41 PM

I found out by using the rotary mat that 14" is the total width of the mat, Only 12" measurements. I was somewhat disappointed but I usually don't do to many 12" squares.

betlinsmom 07-06-2010 06:27 PM

I plan on being soooooooo good so i can get one from Santa claus this year...failing that i plan to lie like a rug to get one!!!! tee hee