Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rowenta vs Oliso (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rowenta-vs-oliso-t266015.html)

Lynneander 06-04-2015 12:13 PM

Rowenta vs Oliso

I need to replace my iron and am torn between the Rowenta and Oliso. Does anyone have any suggestions .,, pro or con?

dunster 06-04-2015 12:42 PM

I will never buy another Rowenta after the shoddy, rude service experience I had with the last one. I don't know anything about Oliso. My current iron is a Reliable Digital Velocity V100 - terrible name, but it produces the best steam of any iron I've ever owned, and it's made so that it can't leak. You can also put it in a mode so that it doesn't automatically shut itself off. I really like it.

ManiacQuilter2 06-04-2015 12:45 PM

I love my Rowenta. Purchased it at Costco. No spitting and it heats up faster than my previous Rowenta did. Good Luck in your search.

NJ Quilter 06-04-2015 12:49 PM

I've had several Rowentas. Have either worn them out or broken due to repeated droppage. No leaking issues or any other issues with them. No experience with Olisio.

ekuw 06-04-2015 01:59 PM

Last iron I had was a Rowenta-never did heat up properly right from the start. I am convinced that now that they are made in China, they are all the same. They are not made to last, so I figure I'll buy a decent mid-priced iron and when it goes it goes. I am using a T-Fal iron now, it leaks a bit, but it steams super well.

RainyBC 06-04-2015 04:10 PM

My newest iron is a Rowenta and I love it. This one is actually made in Germany - not sure if that makes a difference. I think they are not all made there???? I had an Oliso for about one year and it died - won't get another.

nativetexan 06-04-2015 04:10 PM

many quilters here have complained about Rowenta irons catching fire. I had one for years and loved it until I plugged it into a power strip outside my sewing room. I wanted to iron on some fusible batting and my power strip blew out. Scared me! tossed away the strip and iron!!

Latrinka 06-04-2015 04:30 PM

I don't know about either of those brands, but I recently got a Hamilton Beach at Big Lots for 25 dollars, and I love it. I call it my Cadillac of irons, because I think it's the nicest iron I've ever had, and I've been through a few! Have already dropped on floor once, no damage done!

nannyrick 06-04-2015 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by RainyBC (Post 7216946)
My newest iron is a Rowenta and I love it. This one is actually made in Germany - not sure if that makes a difference. I think they are not all made there???? I had an Oliso for about one year and it died - won't get another.

I too have the one made in Germany and I love it. Have had it a few years now and don't have
any complaints. You are right about all of them not being made there.

Dolphyngyrl 06-04-2015 04:54 PM

I have both. Both leak. The oliso is the newest and leaked from the start. I have had the rowenta about 8 years It still works I can just no longer use water as it leaks too bad. It heats up hotter and faster than my oliso. I wanted to try the oliso but part of me just wishes I got a new rowenta. Either way both brands get mixed reviews which makes it hard to choose