Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Satinedge Foot for 1/4 inch? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/satinedge-foot-1-4-inch-t28282.html)

MadQuilter 11-07-2009 11:34 AM

I wonder how that foot handles in curves. I have enough trouble with my regular feet (the ones on my machine). When I use the satin stitch on applique pieces, I need the flexibility to shorten stitch length and forward momentum in tight curves and wide curves. Not sure the foot would allow that either.

Shorebird 11-07-2009 04:25 PM

I have the set of Creative Feet and I absolutely LOVE the satin-edge foot for piecing........I can stay with an EXACT 1/4 in seam, or adjust it slightly for those ever so elusive SCANT 1/4 in seams.............I picked mine up at the Quilt Expo last year..........and I think they have been more than worth the cost.............She also guarantees these........so if you get them, try them, and are not happy, you can return them........check out her website....Hope this helps!!

Shorebird 11-07-2009 04:25 PM

I have the set of Creative Feet and I absolutely LOVE the satin-edge foot for piecing........I can stay with an EXACT 1/4 in seam, or adjust it slightly for those ever so elusive SCANT 1/4 in seams.............I picked mine up at the Quilt Expo last year..........and I think they have been more than worth the cost.............She also guarantees these........so if you get them, try them, and are not happy, you can return them........check out her website....Hope this helps!!

mimisharon 11-07-2009 04:36 PM

Great instructive site, videos for all and it shows the curved seam with the foot going much easier than when I pin the heck out of it. I may have to investigate further on this one. Thanks for the tip!

Sharon

gramfel 11-07-2009 09:02 PM

Thanks for the information - it does sound great!
Lulie

GailG 11-07-2009 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by gramfel
). If it turns out ok, I will post a picture later, but since I retired a few years ago, it takes me longer to learn or to accomplish my creative projects!!!
Thanks, Lulie

Lulie, I know what you mean. I think it has to do with our keeping too busy with so many things that we didn't have time to do when we worked at our jobs. Consequently we get overwhelmed and don't accomplish what we want.

LindaR 11-08-2009 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by gramfel
It's just one of the 3 Creative Feet (See "Creative Feet" thru Google, and it will go to their website), and a friend has it on her machine she uses for all of her quilting. It has a white side that sticks out from the stainless foot and presses against the edge of the quilt square, so then the needle is just 1/4" away from the edge if you set your needle on the lefthand side.
It seems to guide a longer piece of the fabric through the machine.
Lulie

I bought one with the guide on it and after 3 seams broke that piece OFF...it always hung up :lol:

gramfel 11-08-2009 09:46 AM

Well, maybe I will just use the moleskin and my "Little Foot"!!!!!
Thanks, Luliel

Shorebird 11-08-2009 11:26 AM

You should then contact them and let them know what happened...they will either refund your money or replace the item..........

gramfel 11-09-2009 03:04 PM

Thanks so much for the tip about moleskin!! I went to Walmart and the pharmacist showed me where to find it (with the Dr. Scholl foot supplies).
This afternoon I cut a small long piece and placed it 1/4" all the way down from the "little foot" with the 1/4" side, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is!!!! It is thick enough to guide the strips right through and it makes my four-patch squares so easy to do!!!! I love it!!!
Thanks again, Lulie :D