Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Scissors...How many? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/scissors-how-many-t215861.html)

rebeljane 03-09-2013 08:23 AM

I have one pair of scissors and a couple pairs of snippers for cutting threads.

pollyjvan9 03-09-2013 08:29 AM

If stranded on an island?...I would take 5", 3" and a small curved tip embroidery pair. I am not going to count my scissors!

sjscribe 03-09-2013 08:38 AM

I have:
One fabric scissors
One multi-purpose scissors

I've thought about purchasing small embroidery scissors but so far have managed without them.

DOTTYMO 03-09-2013 08:43 AM

I have loads cheap and expensive. I find sometimes the cheap are better . I also have plenty of small scissors with good points for snipping.

Dolphyngyrl 03-09-2013 08:51 AM

I have TMTC
I have my gingher 8in , gingher 8in lightweight, gingher 4inch embroidery, gingher curved embroidery, gingher applique, fiskars spring action, fiskars pinking, kay buckley serrated, 4 or five several offbrand small scissors and threadsnips really I stopped counting after 10. I use them all though so no one can say I have too many

crafty pat 03-09-2013 08:56 AM

I have so many as I also sew clothing. My most used ones are my 8 inch and the most used are my very sharp small ones I use for fussy cutting and clipping threads and other small things. I love them so much I bought a pair for my sewing box, handwork box and one for each machine so I will always have a pair handy at all times.

nativetexan 03-09-2013 09:15 AM

Oh silly me, i typed Gingher but definitely meant FISCARS. i was just sewing and looked at my scissors. Fiscars is the brand i have had for years. love them.

momto5 03-09-2013 07:17 PM

The Gingher 5" ones are my favorite...each time I go to Hancock's I pick up another pair...:) Yep, I'm addicted too! I have about 50 pair or so, but criticism is NOT warranted....in my working life I needed them, lots of them...y-e-e-e-s-s-s-s-s-s! SSSSSSCCCissors!!!!!!!! And besides that, I love them, so there!

Scissor Queen 03-09-2013 07:34 PM

Mmmmm, scissors. There's around 100 pairs in this house. All kinds of scissors. I'm never more than 6 feet from a pair of scissors in most of this house. I have Fiskars, Ginghers, Dovo, Mundial, Solingen, Bohin and lots of no name scissors. I have scissors that cost less than a dollar to scissors that cost $80 bucks for one pair.

I have every color of the little embroidery scissors quilt stores have on the counter. They're like crack, small and cheap.

But if I was stranded on an island I'd want the crazy Chinese scissors and the pair that'll cut pennies. They'd be the handiest.

In my avatar pic there is $350 dollars worth of scissors.

lclang 03-10-2013 05:48 AM

I have a whole box full of scissors, all sizes and lengths, regular and pinking. Several pairs of Ginghers, but someof the cheaper ones seem to work as well. Have them scattered all over the house so they are always handy.