Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Secret santa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/secret-santa-t199957.html)

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5507944)
***clearing my throat **** I prefer the term returning members... :rolleyes: I refuse to admit that I might be an "oldie" :D

Now that that has been clarified I will be waiting for the fun to begin :thumbup:

Ok, I'll change it to Veteran Members of Secret Santa lol

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails (Post 5508082)
Ok I was hoping to participate in this swap because I wanted to find SOMETHING to look forward to because to me Christmas was my mother and since she's gone, I really don't care about anything and I just wanted people to know that I do care if they mind smoke and I do understand....... But I'd like to back out and not be included, I would absolutely hate to offend anybody. Wendy

Don't back out! Really, I DO accomodate every one, or at least I try.
Like Sharon and others said, I will have my hands full, but nothing I can't handle.
Please, join in, don't worry, all will be fine, HONEST!!!

JuneBillie 09-11-2012 07:50 PM

How will I also have my husband join in too? I am a member on the board. We have the same account. He does want to be in on this. It will be his first one. He sees how much fun I have on here. He does have his own machine too. :D

PlanoDebbie 09-11-2012 07:59 PM

Sounds like fun, but what sorts of things do people send? Fabric?

craftymatt2 09-11-2012 08:06 PM

Oh no grann is teasing, love snickerdoodles, (and snickers) and of coarse count me in, i will be looking for the post and rules.

thank you

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 5508136)
How will I also have my husband join in too? I am a member on the board. We have the same account. He does want to be in on this. It will be his first one. He sees how much fun I have on here. He does have his own machine too. :D

Just sign up under your board name twice but using both names.

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by PlanoDebbie (Post 5508147)
Sounds like fun, but what sorts of things do people send? Fabric?

There are 4 fat quarters and then gift/gifts valued at $20. It can be one thing or you can put many things in. People will make up little package like things to include thread, seam rippers, rulers, chalk, whatever quilters use. Buy things on sale and you can actually make things go farther. I buy all year long when I find things on sale.
I've found nice thread at $1, seam rippers at 10cents, rulers for just a few bucks. Sometimes patterns/books will be marked down at a great price and I'll pick those up.
Don't forget, you can repurpose things too. Say someone sent you a pattern. You used it a few times, but don't really need it anymore. You can put that in. Those sorts of things, I really put no price on, so that would be considered a "freebie" in my opinion.

Jim's Gem 09-11-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5508115)
Ok, I'll change it to Veteran Members of Secret Santa lol

Veteran Members sound so much better for us not so "oldies" that have participated a time or two or three or so in this wonderful swap.

grann of 6 09-12-2012 03:39 AM

Well, I can Bah Humbug the family, but I sure won't Bah Humbug you guys! Now that I know what is going on, this will be EVEN more fun this year. I have collected a few things, I think I may repurpose some of my sewing doodads that I have been collecting over the years. I never even got them out last year. No where to put them any more. I don't care for the "Veteran" thing, personally. It makes me sound like I have been through a "sewing war". I may have, but sure don't want to admit it. I don't mind being an "oldie". I EARNED that! I will promise Snickerdoodles to whoever gets my name. And I promise to not make them "crumbs" so as to make them fit in the box.:D

ljs317 09-12-2012 03:52 AM

Snickerdoodles oh my! It's going to be fun again this year! I see all the Vintage Secret Santas are in again this year! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!