Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Secret santa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/secret-santa-t199957.html)

mscupid804 09-11-2012 03:26 PM

Brownies?!?!?! OH MY!!!!!:shock:

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5507232)
AMEN to that! I'm one that can't stand smoke and there's nothing worse than opening up a smokey pkg! It's because of this that I am reconsidering signing up. I have experienced this more than I care to count.

No worries, you can just put on your request that you wish to not be hooked up with a smoker. I'm sure the smokers will understand.
But, with that said....I am a smoker and have never had anyone complain about what I have sent them. Most smokers don't smoke in their homes anymore, so they don't disseminate the smell.
But....I will do my best to hook any one up with a nonsmoker if need be.

BellaBoo 09-11-2012 03:41 PM

I have received packages from smokers and even though they say they don't smoke in the house or in their sewing room, it still smells of smoke. It's like the no one knows I have a litter box thing. LOL. The smell is just in them and on them no matter where they smoke and transfers on all they touch. I don't mind as long as it is not overpowering.

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS (Post 5507456)
Oooooohhhhhh- if food is allowed, someone is going to get some of my DD's brownies. She has been selling them wholesale & via internet for almost a year. The recipe is so secret that I don't have it. If I want 'em, I have to buy 'em.

Terri - please give us a hint about the rules of what we can and can't include, other than the $20 limit. I couldn't get in the swap last year, so I'm a newbie this year.

Rules are really easy.
You just fill out a short form stating likes/dislikes, preferences, allergies (food) and that's pretty much it.
You can send what you like.
I will add....if you send brownies (ahem...I like them), cookies or any baked goods, to include candy, we won't include that in the price of the $20.

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by immemother (Post 5507547)
Just cookies Terri????? Come on, admit it, you can be bribed with more than just cookies!!!!!

LMAO!!
Ok, fabric, chocolate, fabric, brownies...did I mention fabric? lol

Tothill 09-11-2012 04:02 PM

Someone else asked about Canadians joining.

If Canadians join can we be matched up to other Canucks to save on shipping? I do not mind paying to ship to the US, but I would hate for someone to be in for a shock at the Post office.

Pat625 09-11-2012 04:47 PM

I am getting so excited!! Started shopping tonight!!

Vanogay 09-11-2012 05:14 PM

I'm getting excited about this swap. I'll be one of the newbies on this swap - have been on others on the QB, but not this. Is there only a specific 'reveal' day or do you open your package when it arrives?

dreamer2009 09-11-2012 05:28 PM

Terri
we ain't skerred of no elves...roflmbo !!

Charlee 09-11-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 5507817)
Terri
we ain't skerred of no elves...roflmbo !!

Yeah!! What DreamGirl said!! :D