Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Secret santa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/secret-santa-t199957.html)

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by ligia (Post 5505219)
Mamma Mia, Terri, here I go again .. ha-ha .... :D

Woohoo!!! We'll be going international too!!

Glad you are joining us!! How's the grandbaby? I remember you said you had a new one on the way?

Remember ladies, you don't have to be in the US to join this. EVERYONE, no matter where you are, are welcome!!

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5505757)
where will i find the 'expectations'? what si required? i may be very interested if it's doable. thanks!

It's really simple. Rules are easy.
You join, you'll have about a month to shop, then about a month to get your package put together, in the mail and have it delivered to the recipient. Just follow thru with the rules and all is good!
***Word of note....YOU WILL NOT be receiving from the person you are sending to.

grann of 6 09-11-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5506485)
Gran, just remember, we aren't that far from each other now. I can be bribed with cookies lol

Oh, I am quite the baker, so come on over. Don't know if you guys remember, but the day of the reveal, I made a BIG plate of cookies and took pictures of them for all of you to enjoy. You all are welcome to stop by and actually eat some. The more YOU eat, the less I will eat.:D

nancia 09-11-2012 08:00 AM

wendy , i smoked for 32 yrs. there are worse things! i'm sure there are those of us who would be happy to have you as a partner!:) i eat, i quilt , i sleep! ( don't tell my dh i've given up sex. i like to keep the dream alive:D.)

ok, i'm in! i can do international, or local

grann of 6-- you never mentioned cookies before!:p are you going to the quilt show in oaks this week? i'm meeting dottie and her friends there. we could meet also!

grann of 6 09-11-2012 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5506593)
wendy , i smoked for 32 yrs. there are worse things! i'm sure there are those of us who would be happy to have you as a partner!:) i eat, i quilt , i sleep! ( don't tell my dh i've given up sex. i like to keep the dream alive:D.)

ok, i'm in! i can do international, or local

grann of 6-- you never mentioned cookies before!:p are you going to the quilt show in oaks this week? i'm meeting dottie and her friends there. we could meet also!

Yes, DDIL and I are going Thursday, probably get there around lunch time or so. I would love to go over the weekend, but this is the BIG girl scout yard sale this weekend, so I am helping DDIL and DGD by doing a bunch of baking.

The cookies end up being mostly for show, to make everyone drool, but they sure make the house smell good.

drgranny 09-11-2012 09:09 AM

Wendy, just put a dryer sheet in your package and it will smell good when it is opened.

tlrnhi 09-11-2012 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails (Post 5505630)
Ok well I would LOVE to play but here's the thing.....I'm a smoker and I GET how people feel about receiving things from smokers, so with that said, would you rather I not participate? I have to ask I don't want to offend anybody. Wendy (PS I don't drink, don't do drugs, gave up sex years ago....so I smoke. work and quilt)

Smokers are welcome. There are many who smoke. Just make sure your package doesn't smell like cigs and all is well.

Machel 09-11-2012 09:47 AM

I'm in I'm in let the games begin :)

OKLAHOMA PEACH 09-11-2012 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails (Post 5505630)
Ok well I would LOVE to play but here's the thing.....I'm a smoker and I GET how people feel about receiving things from smokers, so with that said, would you rather I not participate? I have to ask I don't want to offend anybody. Wendy (PS I don't drink, don't do drugs, gave up sex years ago....so I smoke. work and quilt)

Hey I won't discriminate, I smoke also, but not in the house.

mscupid804 09-11-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5506756)
Just make sure your package doesn't smell like cigs and all is well.

AMEN to that! I'm one that can't stand smoke and there's nothing worse than opening up a smokey pkg! It's because of this that I am reconsidering signing up. I have experienced this more than I care to count.