Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Secret santa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/secret-santa-t199957.html)

Vanogay 09-16-2012 08:17 AM

See all the posts where we put "Secret Santa" on the outside of the package, but sounds like we don't even reveal our names inside the packages. Is this right?

mscupid804 09-16-2012 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5518396)
See all the posts where we put "Secret Santa" on the outside of the package, but sounds like we don't even reveal our names inside the packages. Is this right?

You reveal inside the pkg, how else are they gonna know who their SS is?:thumbup:

lauriejo 09-16-2012 09:11 AM

Is it time to sign up yet, are we there yet, soon yes please?!?!

BrendaK 09-16-2012 10:56 AM

Are all the cookies and other edible treats counted towards the $20.00, or they just extras? I have never joined a swap before but this sounds like it would be fun. Can't believe what an undertakeing this must be for you. Do you ever have people that you can't match up? I don't mind being more than one persons SS. Look forward to the signups.
Wendy I would be more than happy to SS with you or anyone else. It sounds like almost anything goes. Is that right or does it have to be just quilting things? I would hate to send something to someone who could make whatever I sent better than I could. I know that we all want to be able to enjoy what we receive. Me, I just like getting surprised.
Sorry this is so long. BrendaK

Quilty-Louise 09-16-2012 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm curious has anyone included a "puzzle" of sorts in the SS boxes?

Such as a letter composed of "mystery fonts"? where the recipient
has to "decode" the message to read it? of course the mystery fonts
would be included, along with UNcoded letter if someone didn't want
to have "fun" decoding the letter.

I use to do this all the time (on another quilting board) and MOST of
the time everyone had fun and enjoyed the extra surprise of the letter
being in crazy themed wingdings fonts.

Here is an example of what I am talking about in case anyone might
be confused.

lauriejo 09-16-2012 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 5518771)
Are all the cookies and other edible treats counted towards the $20.00, or they just extras? I have never joined a swap before but this sounds like it would be fun. Can't believe what an undertakeing this must be for you. Do you ever have people that you can't match up? I don't mind being more than one persons SS. Look forward to the signups.
Wendy I would be more than happy to SS with you or anyone else. It sounds like almost anything goes. Is that right or does it have to be just quilting things? I would hate to send something to someone who could make whatever I sent better than I could. I know that we all want to be able to enjoy what we receive. Me, I just like getting surprised.
Sorry this is so long. BrendaK

Oh it's not the skill used in the homemade item, it is the idea that someone took the time. Time is the most thing anyone can share, we only have so much and can never get more. So if someone spends a portion of that time in making something just for me, how could I help but love it. Every single time I look at one the the homemade items I've received, it is like getting a hug from that person.

If you look through some posts from previous swaps you will see the wide variety of goodies that are received.

lauriejo 09-16-2012 11:40 AM

I never thought of sending a puzzle letter, what fun. I may just have to give that a try next month, so watch out! :p

mscupid804 09-16-2012 11:58 AM

I'm NOT good at those "puzzles."

grann of 6 09-16-2012 01:03 PM

Well, girls, I must confess that I am not a "shopper" for gifts. All my gifts are hand made, always have been since I was a child. I made aprons for my grandmothers, and aunts, one year I made them pillowcases. One year I saved bottle caps and made those trivets that you make a yo-yo type thing and put the bottle cap in it, and then sew them all together. That's why you will never see a yo-yo made by these hands. So anyone who gets a gift from me will get a handmade gift, be it food and/or something from the quilting room. I believe in gifts from the heart. Oh, I like purchased gifts too, be really appreciate the handmade ones.

MarLeClair 09-16-2012 02:01 PM

I love handmade items. I like the fact that someone put forth an effort. BTW, I had a Home Ec teacher that took offense at the work homemade. She always said there is a different between home made and hand made and the difference was quality.