Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sew, sew, sew! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sew-sew-sew-t189940.html)

CAS49OR 05-26-2012 11:34 AM

Yes! But then you can be obsessed with all the beautiful objects you now possess!

Is this a disease? Am I obsessed or possessed?

Old hen 05-26-2012 11:58 AM

I laugh when I read the QB, especially when I read things like "unsewing"! How we turn a negative thing into something positive, just because we love what we're doing.

SouthPStitches 05-26-2012 12:58 PM

It's both. Sometimes you just get on a roll and can't stop. You just can't wait to see how that entire quilt top looks. Then when you get to bed, you can't unwind or turn off your mind. First thing in the a.m., you jump out of bed and check the top out again to see what it looks like in nature light.

GrannieAnnie 05-26-2012 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by JanTx (Post 5241400)
It's 1:00 AM and I have to be at work at 7:00 - sew, sew, sew
I just finished a project, but then I started another - sew, sew, sew
Two hanging over chairs all sandwiched and waiting to be quilted - sew, sew, sew
Even the dog is whining cause I'm not in bed, but I sew, sew, sew
My back is starting to hurt, but I sew, sew, sew
Four-year-old grandboy staying with us for the next two weeks - he's sleeping soundly now, so I sew, sew, sew

Is this a disease? Am I obsessed or possessed?

Can't answer your questions, but I dare say you'll be worn out by the time you read this reply.

Jingle 05-26-2012 05:47 PM

I don't sew late at night, I make too many mistakes. I do get on this board and play a couple of games when I should be in bed. 5:30A comes mighty early. Oh well, I sleep better now than I did years ago.
Do what you love to do.

momjoy6 05-26-2012 05:50 PM

Yes, I agree w/quilting being an obsession. Once I get in the groove, I have a hard time settling down for the night. Or getting into anything else. What better of an obsession is there to have though I ask, anyway?

deedum 05-26-2012 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by athenascooter (Post 5244421)
I have three quilts going. Two at the cabin and one at home. My husband is upset that I sew when at the lake but I had heat stroke and can't take the summer heat. In the winter when we go there I sew because it's too cold outside. Enjoy what you are sewing and using up your stash

I understand. We live on a lake, too hot today to be outside as I can't take the heat, so I sew! My dh asked me if I got the quilt done today as I have been sewing all day. Sadly, I haven't even touch the quilt, but made baby blankets instead :) He said "well maybe tomorrow". I said "okay" :)

Pilgrim 05-26-2012 06:38 PM

It's an addiction. Once we get it there is NO known cure.

tjradj 05-26-2012 07:09 PM

You say it like being obsessed or possessed is a bad thing. Not in my book :)

JanetLovesSewing 05-27-2012 08:41 AM

I have always loved to sew between midnight and 5 am. Unfortunately, I don't do much of that doing the week. Friday and Saturday nights are my thing. Now that summer is here, it is sewing more often for me. There is nothing like the hum and feel of two piees of fabric going through a sewing machine. Nothing can beat that - except eating when someone else has cooked.