Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sew, sew, sew! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sew-sew-sew-t189940.html)

egagnon291 05-27-2012 09:25 AM

You're not obsessed or possessed... you're a quilter...

fred singer 05-27-2012 09:38 AM

oh,I've had those times to just anxious to finish a project or try out a new idea.

fred singer 05-27-2012 09:40 AM

oh,I've had those times to just anxious to finish a project or try out a new idea.We could be doing lot worse things with our time. we are just productive

Treasureit 05-27-2012 09:44 AM

Just watched my 3 grandchildren while Mom & Dad delivered #4. I am tooooooo old for this job! My body aches and I want to sew sew sew, but I can't do much at all for a day or 2. I had forgotten what it was like to dress, feed and keep happy...a 6, 3 and 1 1/2 year old. I had 4 kids, and I don't know why mine think they need to copy me! Ahhhh.
Enjoy all your sewing!

redmadder 05-27-2012 10:17 AM

Why in the world would anyone expect a quilter to wash dishes, cook, do laundry, mop floors, host parties, or sleep? If they find a cure I'll barricade myself behind the sewing machine and dare anyone to get past the bins of fabric. So there.

Caswews 05-28-2012 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by JanTx (Post 5241400)
It's 1:00 AM and I have to be at work at 7:00 - sew, sew, sew
I just finished a project, but then I started another - sew, sew, sew
Two hanging over chairs all sandwiched and waiting to be quilted - sew, sew, sew
Even the dog is whining cause I'm not in bed, but I sew, sew, sew
My back is starting to hurt, but I sew, sew, sew
Four-year-old grandboy staying with us for the next two weeks - he's sleeping soundly now, so I sew, sew, sew

Is this a disease? Am I obsessed or possessed?

Hmm.. ALL of the above ! LOL AND a person who loves to sew/quilt !

sharin'Sharon 05-28-2012 05:50 PM

The longest I have had to stay up to finish a quilt was two years ago when I was still working; I stayed up three days and two nights. Went to work, sewed all night, went to work,sewed all night and all next day. I was so obsessed with meeting the deadline that I didn't allow myself to fall asleep while sewing OR at work!! I wouldn't suggest anyone making a bad habit of that. It's ridiculous and bad for your health!!

JanTx 05-28-2012 06:43 PM

Well, like so many things - it's different than when I was younger. After that long night of sew, sew, sewing - I think I went to bed between 3 and 4:00 AM - the next night I was in bed by 9:00. Used to I could do 3 -4 nights in a row - now two is pushing it!

A dear friend and I are going on a quilt retreat later in June and plan to stay up until 2:00 sewing and then sleep until 10! We'll see if that works. I can see the 2 AM happening, but 8:30 is about the latest I can sleep in these days.

sewbizgirl 07-05-2013 04:40 PM

There are a lot worse things you could be doing at 1am... like bar hopping or sleeping with someone else's hubby! You're just hooked on quilting, not a bad thing!