Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Machine Addiction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-addiction-t37708.html)

drivingsusan 02-23-2010 07:39 AM

Good girl :lol:

vicki75 02-23-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by drivingsusan
Good girl :lol:

I might have to sell my kids to make room for sewing machines!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Just kidding....of course

littlehud 02-23-2010 09:46 PM

I understand what you are feeling. Besides that Pfaff needs a good home. I think you need it.

sewcrafty 02-24-2010 04:16 AM

Have you ever watched those decorating shows on HG? Everything seems better in 3's!!! :lol: :lol:

Jingle 02-24-2010 05:32 AM

I have 5 machines and really only use 1, I have another exact same one that I use all the time for a back up. I am always looking for the perfect machine to make my quilting better, it may just be me that needs to improve.

maryb119 02-24-2010 05:34 AM

You can't go wrong with Pfaff. It is a great machine. Go for it!!

Lostn51 02-24-2010 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by vicki75
ok...what is wrong with me? I found a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 on craigslist and now it's all I can think about. It's a great price and only one year old. I can't even sleep at night because I think I need it. It would look very nice snuggled up next to my Babylock and across from my Bernina. And that's the problem! Why on earth do I think I need 3 sewing machines? I'm only 1 person who can sew on 1 machine at a time. Then my DH pointed out that I have my old Kenmore in the closet. I told him that one doesn't count because I learned how to sew on it and I just can't sell it. Do we all have this kind of problem or do I need serious help?

You should collect vintage machines.........I dont even want to know how many treadles I own right now much less the sewing heads themselves with out cabinets.

There are no rules as to how many are too many!! Buy it!!!

Billy

craftiladi 02-24-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by vicki75
I'm beginning to think this is the wrong group of people to confirm my addiction! I think we might all have a problem. :mrgreen: This is exactly why i love this forum! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And by the way...I'm meeting up with her at lunch to get the machine and try it out. BIG mistake...I know I'll never be able to let it go. She's pretty smart...she knows I'll love it!

Oh i know where I am NOT coming my next time I am on the fence about a purchase...lol
p.s one question: can a girl really have to many machines? he he sorry i know that was no help...he he
Maybe its a good thing when i check craigslist and there aren't any machines.

vjengels 02-24-2010 01:20 PM

Oh Vicki, of course you need this machine! I know from personal experience that your sewing room will perform ever so much better with 3 machines! I have 3 set up all the time, 1 to piece, 1 to quilt, and the third to bind. You don't have to fiddle with the tension, or thread color, etc.... You just go get that machine!

Rachel 02-24-2010 01:23 PM

I had a similar problem... kinda... I have an old Bernina, bought it used, love it... One day I asked DH if he wanted to go to the Bernina dealership and just see what's out there... so we went... big mistake. I decided the QE 440 was the one I wanted, but was going to walk away without purchasing... Then, on the way out, I asked the lady working at the store, well, which machine do you have at home... (I'm pretty sure my hubby rolled his eyes at this point, knowing what was coming next). She said, Well, I have the biggest and baddest... which was the 730 at the time. Guess what I have at home now? Yep, the 730. LOVE IT!!! tee hee