Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Machine Addiction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machine-addiction-t37708.html)

Crafty1 02-24-2010 01:35 PM

Yes you should get the machine!!!! You can't have too many. Plus you can move around from one machine to the other :)

Karyn 02-25-2010 04:42 AM

We quilters collect machines, just like we collect fabric!! I have 4 sewing machines, treadle machine, embroidery machine and a serger. Would'nt part with any of them. They are set up assembly line style on a work table, I just give my office chair a little push and ride on over to the machine I want to use.LOL What could be easier or nicer?

Aurora 02-25-2010 04:44 AM

I plan to have several machines. Each with a different color thread so I don't have to stop to change thread in my machine. I just move to another machine. This way all my machines will get used on a regular basis and I always have a machine ready with the color of thread I need. Call me crazy, but I just love collecting machines, they go well with my fabric stash.

weatheread 02-25-2010 05:12 AM

Yes you need it I have 6 machines in my sewing room and I need them all If I found a good deal on another one I would get it . My husband has his hunting and 4 wheeler I have my sewing. Sewing machines have always facinated me they have changed so in the last few years my grandmother who taught me to sew would be amazed

reginalovesfabric 02-25-2010 05:24 AM

I have a serger, 2 featherweights, one quilt machine, an embroidery machine,the second machine I ever owned and 5 antique singers and one antique perision. No you don't have enough go for it girl. Two of these were given to me and I bought the antique ones on Ebay. Why I don't know

Karen's Kreations 02-25-2010 06:28 AM

I have 3 machines that I use on a regular basis, a Pfaff, Bernina and Babylock. Also have an older Singer - and a treadle machine. So........that being said - I use them all but love my Pfaff.

Candace 02-25-2010 06:58 AM

I've only got one sewing machine and one serger. Boy, I guess I need to keep up with you all! Honestly, if my sewing room wasn't a guest room too. I think I'd keep several set up too.

stitchinwitch 02-25-2010 07:19 AM

Boy oh boy! Am I the wrong person to ask! I THOUGHT I had 14, but now I count mine and I stop at 8!!I have an old Wards, Golden Touch n Sew, regular Touch and Sew, Janome 5000, Designer 1, an old treadle Singer in cabinet - it is beautiful, a few more Singers - black with scrolls that are packed away. I am addicted too!
Misery in Missouri!

polly13 02-25-2010 09:34 AM

I certainly can't argue with you. I have been looking at a Pfaff Creative 4.0 because as well as quilt I want to be able to do embroiderying with more ease than my Pfaff 7570. I am taking a few weeks to try to talk myself out of wanting the new one as I obviously can't say I NEED it. I can see this group won't do much to talk me out of it. :lol: My real dilemma is, will I purchase it and then find that it wasn't as big a joyful purchase as I thought it would be. I really love my 7570, but would love the easier embroidery and the wider bed. Decisions, decisions.

Bluphrog 02-25-2010 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
I plan to have several machines. Each with a different color thread so I don't have to stop to change thread in my machine. I just move to another machine. This way all my machines will get used on a regular basis and I always have a machine ready with the color of thread I need. Call me crazy, but I just love collecting machines, they go well with my fabric stash.

I love the idea of having each machine threaded with a different color. I have 3 FWs -- a 1964 white/green (my class machine), a 1936 black and a Centennial model. I have my original Singer 237 FashionMate, a 1939 Singer treadle and a 1929 Singer in a beautiful wooden domed case (this is the only one that doesn't work). And I have an offbrand my MIL gave me. I have a Bernina 440 QE, a 240 and a 165 sewing/embroidery machine. Then there are the White and Janome sergers. That totals 10 sewing machines and 2 sergers. And I still want a hand crank model, just because. It's an addiction, but you can't OD and it won't kill you!