Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   share your other hobbies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/share-your-other-hobbies-t107079.html)

quiltingsavta 03-13-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
What a diverse group! Sew crafty!
I used to cross stitch, but now I paint, bead, read...
I would like to learn to crochet someday.
Here's some of my paintings

I love the one of the woman's face. Is it a self portrait. It's just beautiful.

magpiefeather 03-13-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingsavta
I love to crochet. Been crocheting since I was 10. Here is a picture of a baby sweater made last year for a co-worker who at 52 had his first baby. Me, I'm 51 and my "baby" is off to college this fall. Guess I'll be retiring alot sooner than my co-worker will.

THAT is adorable!

magpiefeather 03-13-2011 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingsavta

Originally Posted by magpiefeather
What a diverse group! Sew crafty!
I used to cross stitch, but now I paint, bead, read...
I would like to learn to crochet someday.
Here's some of my paintings

I love the one of the woman's face. Is it a self portrait. It's just beautiful.

YES self portrait. thanks! And I love the pink sweater!

reginalovesfabric 03-13-2011 09:58 AM

I love to bake for anyone that will eat the results. I have an embroidery machine I love to play with and I also hand embroidery. Sewing is my first hobby love

fairydawn 03-13-2011 10:01 AM

Running, gardening, scrapbooking, reading, antiqueing, and gramma-ing.

Iamquilter 03-13-2011 10:03 AM

Read and fish in the summer, picture puzzles in winter, some machine knitting.

flyfish2 03-13-2011 10:03 AM

I rubber stamp, flyfish, and turkey hunt!

quilterpam 03-13-2011 10:05 AM

I love to read !!!! :-D

quilterpam 03-13-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
Not much time left after being on this board and quilting! LOL But, I do love jig saw puzzles (I have quite a collection-from 1,000 pcs to 8,000 pcs!) The harder, the better! I also read and love cross-word puzzles.

I forgot about the jigsaw puzzles. I do them oin line since otherwise the cats play too. :D

Browngirl 03-13-2011 10:09 AM

This is a very diverse group. I have to make time for my hobbies too. I work 40 hours a week, I go to a math class with my two older sons (24 & 23)to brush up on our math on Mondays for 3 hours. I try to spend at least an hour reading my bible every day and sew or do something constructive for an hour after that, twice a month I meet with four other ladies from 1-5 to sew on joint or individual projects and the other free weekends I spend with our oldest grandson who is three and do work with our Pastor (am the secretary for the church). Yep a full life and am never in bed before 11:30 and woke by 4 each day. Don't get up to 5 though. It can be tiring but been doing it a while. Plus my sweet hubby does the washing, cooking and helps with cleaning when he can. He has heart problems so he has been declared disable and he never complains about all my dabbling.