Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   share your other hobbies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/share-your-other-hobbies-t107079.html)

Vanuatu Jill 03-12-2011 09:08 AM

Jennalyn, how clever!! Did you find patterns for that purpose or make up your own? Or find patterns and re-purpose them??

Annaquilts 03-12-2011 09:11 AM

What other hobbies. LOL Quilting has taken over. I used to make clothes, cloth dolls and soap. I do excercise and do martial arts.

Jennalyn 03-12-2011 09:12 AM

Jill, thank you! When I first started, I used picture tutorials on a site called "Rattributes" to figure out the basic construction of a flat hammock, tunnel, etc. Then I started connecting the dots and seeing how to make various different types from the same basic principles. Ferret hammocks are made in the same ways, just a bit larger, so I whipped up some for friends as a test run. They were actually the first things to prompt me to touch a sewing machine!

Vanuatu Jill 03-12-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jennalyn
Jill, thank you! When I first started, I used picture tutorials on a site called "Rattributes" to figure out the basic construction of a flat hammock, tunnel, etc. Then I started connecting the dots and seeing how to make various different types from the same basic principles. Ferret hammocks are made in the same ways, just a bit larger, so I whipped up some for friends as a test run. They were actually the first things to prompt me to touch a sewing machine!

I would love to see pics of your rats relaxing in their hammocks and playing with their toys. I had a pet rat when I was young-his name was Checkers. He was all white and I loved him to bits!

raedar63 03-12-2011 09:22 AM

Rock collecting, garden in the summer. And of course collecting fabric.embrodry. I Also play the NAF (Native American Flute) enjoy drumming,and want to learn harmonica and guitar.

Jennalyn 03-12-2011 09:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by Jennalyn

I would love to see pics of your rats relaxing in their hammocks and playing with their toys. I had a pet rat when I was young-his name was Checkers. He was all white and I loved him to bits!

Aww, I love white ratties! I'm adopting a pair of pale cream girls to join my colony next month, my first lighter-colored babies. I have four at the moment.

The only pictures I have of my guys are in hammocks made by other people. :lol: But I make the same kinds! I just tend to gift or trade them.

My cage setup a few weeks ago
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121785[/ATTACH]

Ondo and one of the girls snoozing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121789[/ATTACH]

Gentleman Jeremy relaxing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121790[/ATTACH]

tslowery 03-12-2011 09:28 AM

Those are so cute gentleman looks like a sweetie.

PaperPrincess 03-12-2011 09:28 AM

Paper crafts. I make cards, invitations, party paper (favors, place cards etc.). That's why I have the studio cutter. I bought it about 10 years ago before accucut got into quilting big time. Cutter was inexpensive back then, but I have hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) of dies.

Vanuatu Jill 03-12-2011 09:35 AM

Aw! They are adorable!! Thanks for that!!!

scowlkat 03-12-2011 10:14 AM

I love to digitize embroidery designs. Some I start with clip art but I love to doodle and sketch, so some are of my own creation!