Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   share your other hobbies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/share-your-other-hobbies-t107079.html)

Pamela Artman 03-12-2011 10:19 AM

I read, knit, crochet, make candy, do silk floral arranging and play computer games!

sawsan 03-12-2011 10:29 AM

I love sewing, collecting many things, mmmmmmmmmm like shells, beads, fake jewellery, making arts and crafts
OMG my head always down :oops:
Recycling as much as i can

feline fanatic 03-12-2011 10:36 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I used to tole paint but haven't picked up a paintbrush in years. I guess I would just rather be spending my time quilting. Here are some pictures of my work. Again, totally all cat....

Bengal cat on a box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124527[/ATTACH]

Norweigan Forest cat box. My old cat Marcel was the model
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124528[/ATTACH]

Ragdolls on slate, Tango and Rhumba my raggies were the inspiration
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124529[/ATTACH]

Please wash your paws! slate hanging in my bathroom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124681[/ATTACH]

Mariposa 03-12-2011 10:37 AM

I also enjoy doing cross-stitch and embroidery, making jewelry, baking, reading. I want to make some cloth dolls, and do some 1/12th scale stuff for my dollhouse kit.

quiltwoman 03-12-2011 10:40 AM

Horses and dogs...and human kind too! I am busy re-training a rescue horse who is one of the most graceful animals I have ever seen...she has a few "issues"--has been mistreated in the past.

Tomorrow, I will take my next BOM, all cut out and ready to go and sit in her pasture with carrots to get her NOT to run away from humans....it's supposed to be 70 and sunny here. Quilting and horses....my loves right now. :thumbup:

quiltwoman 03-12-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jennalyn

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by Jennalyn
Jill, thank you! When I first started, I used picture tutorials on a site called "Rattributes" to figure out the basic construction of a flat hammock, tunnel, etc. Then I started connecting the dots and seeing how to make various different types from the same basic principles. Ferret hammocks are made in the same ways, just a bit larger, so I whipped up some for friends as a test run. They were actually the first things to prompt me to touch a sewing machine!

I would love to see pics of your rats relaxing in their hammocks and playing with their toys. I had a pet rat when I was young-his name was Checkers. He was all white and I loved him to bits!

Aww, I love white ratties! I'm adopting a pair of pale cream girls to join my colony next month, my first lighter-colored babies. I have four at the moment.

The only pictures I have of my guys are in hammocks made by other people. :lol: But I make the same kinds! I just tend to gift or trade them.

My older boys had rats and they were the smartest, kindest pets! I will admit, it took me a bit to get over their "tails on my neck" but our one rat was a lovebug. They can be excellent pets!

quiltwoman 03-12-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa
I also enjoy doing cross-stitch and embroidery, making jewelry, baking, reading. I want to make some cloth dolls, and do some 1/12th scale stuff for my dollhouse kit.

I'd LOVE to see your doll house. I made some "rugs" for a friend of mine and it was so much fun. I never had a dollhouse as a kid and have always wanted to make one. I even have big plans on how to make an in-laid floor...LOL

Airwick156 03-12-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I race pigeons :lol:

RACE PIGEONS? How do you race pigeons?

quiltwoman 03-12-2011 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
I used to tole paint but haven't picked up a paintbrush in years. I guess I would just rather be spending my time quilting. Here are some pictures of my work. Again, totally all cat....

Those are AWESOME!!! Do you do work for others?

mosquitosewgirl 03-12-2011 10:48 AM

Let's see.....besides quilting and sewing, (and this board) crocheting, gardening, painting - watercolors, beading, reading, cooking....no wonder I'm tired....LOL