Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show Us Your Quilts Using Muslin! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-us-your-quilts-using-muslin-t214009.html)

Krystyna 02-17-2013 03:56 PM

Leaha, your dancing mugs is gorgeous!

Sharon, too cold in Illinois. Thinking of northern Georgia ... if we ever get to rebuild and sell. I'm told there are four seasons there but not too much of any of them. Need to see what towns have good fabric stores down there!

twinkie 02-18-2013 04:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a few of ones I did on muslin a few years ago. I use it a lot but like the older muslin better than some of the new muslin.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396019[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396020[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396021[/ATTACH]

whinnytoo 02-18-2013 04:03 AM

Waiting to be quilted

2 Attachment(s)
Both of these quilts are done with muslin. Bleached muslin on the blue and white, and a good quality muslin on the 9patch. Hope to get them quilted very soon[ATTACH=CONFIG]396017[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]396018[/ATTACH]

quilt queen 02-18-2013 04:38 AM

To everyone that posted pictures of their quilts of muslin, they are all just wonderful...I use muslin every chance I can and I agree with the older muslin being the one I would rather quilt with. Sometimes I get lucky and find old muslin at sales and thrift shops and grab it up very quickly...no matter what size the piece is. One day last week my treasure found was 4 yds...what a day!!

Krystyna 02-18-2013 04:54 AM

Twinkie and Whinny, I really love them all. Thank you for posting them!

cactusmomma 02-18-2013 04:56 AM

Twinkie, those are beautiful.

cactusmomma 02-18-2013 05:00 AM

Krystyna. Thank you so much for asking this question. I never thought of using muslin on quilts. I saw a quilt at the quilt show that I need some beige material for. I looked at all the fabric at JoAnn's yesterday but never thought of muslin. Definitely will be what I use. I'll be using muslin for a lot more of my quilts from now on. Thank you everyone for the beautiful inspiration. Everyone's work on here just continues to amaze me.

Krystyna 02-18-2013 05:35 AM

Cactusmomma, I never in a million years would have thought of using muslin on the front! I was wondering if it was frowned upon on the back! Just goes to show you what a VAST amount I need to learn about quilting -- and this is certainly the place to do it!

sewnsewer2 02-18-2013 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Daffy Daphne (Post 5867859)
One of the first quilts I ever made, when we were still using cardboard templates and cutting out each piece separately (ugh!). King size, handpieced and handquilted, for my middle daughter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395790[/ATTACH]

Wow, such BEAUTIFUL quilts!!

But Daphne, this one is STUNNING!!!!

Snooze2978 02-18-2013 06:40 AM

As to the use of muslin, has anyone used permapress muslin in their quilts? Reason I ask, I have a whole bolt of it and just wondered if I could use it for my quilts.

Thanks for any advice.

Suz in Iowa