Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Silly Sewing Poll - i'm wondering who's like me? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silly-sewing-poll-im-wondering-whos-like-me-t20195.html)

fktsewing 05-20-2009 09:57 AM

I sew with either socks or my slippers on. My sewig room in 1/2 of my finished basement and even though it has thick berber carpet, it can get cold down there. If I had to sew with shoes on, I would go crazy.
I have to be able to feel the foot peddle. So you are not alone.

cybercat 05-20-2009 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by omak
So! Now we know!
Most quilters have control issues? :D

Yes, I have contol issues. I try to tell everyone what they need to do even if they know how to do it. That is if I know what is being done. :D
Must be the Leo in me for I am always worried something is not getting done right.

With my sewing the speed scares me sometimes and I panic. Jeeze I am 44 think I would not get panicky but it seems this is something new with me. Hit 40 get unsure, never had the problem before. Well, I know possible why and it is not the issue. I am hoping as I use my machine more the speed thing will cure itself. I just hate messing up and speed it is so easy to do it.

pinkypig 05-20-2009 10:37 AM

barefoot all the time

frankie_casias 05-20-2009 11:10 AM

slippers around the house in my sewing room i wear a bootie or
a sock on right foot to sew my toes wrap around edge of peddle
while sewing lol
my greatgrandmother used to sew like that too
how i learn sitting on her lap many years ago
frankie

cjc 05-20-2009 11:48 AM

What a great question!! My husband always laughs at me, when I am sewing I have my right foot either barefoot or in socks and my left foot has the shoe on.

JoanneS 05-20-2009 01:01 PM

I wear a shoe, because of a bad memory. When I was 16, I was (as usual back then in CA) barefoot in the house. I was doing some handsewing, and I heard a :!: crashing :!: sound outside. I jumped up to look. Didn't feel anything at the moment, but I couldn't find my sewing needle. Searched and found HALF of it :cry: Trip to the ER :cry: :cry: Don't remember how many stitches, and I still have uncomfortable scar tissue on the ball of my foot. Since then, I've kept my shoes on when I'm sewing :?

Gramily 05-20-2009 01:53 PM

I wear a pair of my many colored Merril sandals. Today I wore my aqua ones. Tomorrow mmmmmm probably the red or rust...... or maybe the lime green ones.

Emily in sunny south FL

pennyswings 05-20-2009 02:54 PM

Klue:
I am with you, I sew in sox in winter and barefoot in summer. I agree with you, I too am under the illusion that I have more control. Control is very important, I must be in CONTROL. If I am not in CONTROL then I am not happy. Ok now I am losing control... :oops
I am happy with my illusions. LOL :D

wartycrawfish 05-20-2009 05:13 PM

HI - I usually wear socks. Sometimes that isn't a good idea if there is a stray pin on the floor, but that is what I usually wear.

Colleen quilting in PA

jbsstrawberry 05-20-2009 06:28 PM

Socks or bare feet...I tend to be heavy footed with shoes. I have absolutely no control over the foot pedal if I have shoes on. JB thinks I'm nuts LOL