Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Slotted ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/slotted-ruler-t143200.html)

peabee 08-07-2011 01:34 PM

although i balked at the price at the lqs, i brought and use often the 18" june tailor slotted ruler.

Valerie Ann 08-07-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by Valerie Ann

Originally Posted by judi43
I used the June Taylor Ruler all the time & loved it but I bought my own Xmas present this year & it was the Quilt Cut 2 and I used it for everything. You can cut 6 layers and nothing moves, IT'S SUPER>

Okay, I'll bite...what is that, where can you get it, and how much?

Go back to the beginning and read all the pages, your questions should be answeted

No. I am talking about the Quilt Cut 2.

Sorry, I don't know what the Quilt Cut 2 is either. I thought you were talking about the June Tailor. I apologize.

I just checked out the Quilt Cut 2; looks like it would be a lot more expensive than the June Tailor ones. I think I would like the June Tailor better, too many parts in the other.

So, which June Tailor should I buy? I want to make jelly rolls--so many choices...I appreciate your response :)

Tennessee Suzi 08-07-2011 01:55 PM

Love mine for strip quilts!

grann of 6 08-07-2011 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by judi43
I used the June Taylor Ruler all the time & loved it but I bought my own Xmas present this year & it was the Quilt Cut 2 and I used it for everything. You can cut 6 layers and nothing moves, IT'S SUPER>

Okay, I'll bite...what is that, where can you get it, and how much?

Go back to the beginning and read all the pages, your questions should be answeted

No. I am talking about the Quilt Cut 2.

Sorry, I don't know what the Quilt Cut 2 is either. I thought you were talking about the June Tailor. I apologize.

I just checked out the Quilt Cut 2; looks like it would be a lot more expensive than the June Tailor ones. I think I would like the June Tailor better, too many parts in the other.

So, which June Tailor should I buy? I want to make jelly rolls--so many choices...I appreciate your response :)

For jelly rolls and 5" charm squares, definitely the big one. It will cut the WOF and at 2 1/2" intervals. You will find ways to use it besides just for jelly rolls. I also like the next smaller one with 1/2" slots. I got mine online but forgot where, maybe Nancysnotions on sale. Check around for the best deal, some places have free shipping after a certain amount spent. I have cut enough jelly roll strips to pay for it a couple times over. I paid $33 for the large one and that is about what you pay for a precut jelly roll.

Barbara Lee 08-07-2011 02:02 PM

I have the slot ruler and never knew how to use it. Watched several of her videos. Thanks, I'll start using it now.

meetoo82 08-07-2011 02:06 PM

Sounds like quite a few of us learned something new today

busygranny 08-07-2011 03:46 PM

WHOO Hooo stopped at Joannes and they have all quilting rulers etc 50% off,. so got mine and will try it tonite.

Just Jan 08-07-2011 04:06 PM

I can't live without mine! Have two of the standard size with half inch slots. I also have a third one that I dropped and broke then salvaged with duct tape because its like throwing away an old friend! I still use it sometimes. LOL. I also have the 1/4 cut which I don't care for very much. Its just as easy to shift the standard over half a notch to cut 1/4 or 3/4 measurements, and it's not big enough for much of the stuff I make. Last week I treated myself to the large one and I'm like a kid of Xmas. The Shape Cuts are also invaluable for straightening blocks before setting them into rows, and for resizing HST,as well as cutting blocks or strips. Three things I can't live without... Coffee, chocolate and my Shape Cuts. :o)

mountain deb 08-07-2011 05:39 PM

Several years ago, my DH got me one for Christmas. THE best present I ever got from him.

G'ma Kay 08-07-2011 05:54 PM

It is heaven for squaring up blocks!