Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This is a small thing, this is a small thing, this is a small thing.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/small-thing-small-thing-small-thing-t128033.html)

luvTooQuilt 06-04-2011 05:02 PM

Lol.. Hang in there!! Sorry your froggin it! Rip it.. Rip it... Rip it...

kateyb 06-04-2011 05:49 PM

Ahhhhh. The seam ripper, couldn't live without it. This last week I spent a lot of time ripping out the quilting in 2, yes, that's 2 quilts. Messed up big time. ARGG May go try to quilt them tomorrow.

hannajo 06-04-2011 05:50 PM

Thanks for the reminder. As I'm typing this, I'm taking a break from ripping out the binding for an entire baby quilt. I sewed it on with the needle in the wrong position, and now it won't wrap around to the other side properly. And I really thought I could finish it tonight.

But like you said, it's all small stuff...

craftybear 06-04-2011 09:55 PM

I understand, lots of things happens and sometimes just have to laugh about it, take care

natalieg 06-04-2011 09:58 PM

You are like me...little things like that bother me so much, but all my quilts always come out with a little flaw here or there! Gives them personality and the person knows they were made with love!

montanajan 06-04-2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Wasn't it the amish that leave or place one block in backwards or a different color in their quilts? ;) Saves the ripping

So I've heard - because only God is perfect, the quilt must have an intentional mistake since we are not perfect.
Therefore, all my goofs are "Amish mistakes" :)

GrannieAnnie 06-04-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by DebQuilter50
Remember, "Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's all small stuff"?

I am frustrated and am reminding myself that this is a small thing and I am sure I am not the first one that has had this happen.

I am making a table runner for my DIL. I have 2/3 of the top finished and noticed TWO squares are in WRONG. I am taking a break before going back to get out Jack (the ripper) and fix my mistake. In reality, this will take a small amount of time out of my life to fix it.

This is a small thing, this is a small thing, this is a small thing......

Think about this a second. It's going to take just a few minutes to rip and fix. But how long would you stew if you didn't grab "Jack"?

GrannieAnnie 06-04-2011 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
just keep repeating that as you go to bed tonight. Been there and done that....

as a friend says-------------been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

star619 06-05-2011 03:48 AM

When you see that table runner on her table a year from now, you really won't remember any problems you had with it!
:thumbup:

DebQuilter50 06-05-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Lol.. Hang in there!! Sorry your froggin it! Rip it.. Rip it... Rip it...

Love it!