Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   so what is this board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-board-t47643.html)

Marlys 05-30-2010 07:45 PM

All I know is that when I come here, it soothes my soul. I learn, I laugh, and I cry with you. Someday I would like to meet each and every one of you in person! Even if I don't post anything for a while, I am still looking (love the pictures) and reading. I can't imagine not being here. I have my local quilting friends, my work friends, and my church friends. But I don't think there is another group out there as willing to share their knowledge and some of their stash or even a shoulder when someone needs it. Thanks!

sharon b 05-30-2010 07:46 PM

Oh another thought.. my sanity :wink: :lol: :thumbup:

pal 05-30-2010 07:49 PM

I think that we're a wonderful support system for each other - not only for quilting. How many of us don't have someone to wish them a "Happy Birthday" or to say "Good Job!"

I always refer to you all as "My Quilting Friends on the Board". No one can ever have too many friends.

Boston1954 05-30-2010 08:08 PM

My online quilting group.

wichypoo 05-30-2010 08:15 PM

Good question, I usually refer to the board as a whole as my online quilting guild, with lots of show and tell. I take my swap blocks to my real-time guild and show off my treasures.
Karen

MadQuilter 05-30-2010 08:23 PM

Just out of curiosity: Have you all noticed that most (if not all) use the personal pronoun of "my" when talking about the QB?Admin and the moderators have certainly created an environment where we all BELONG. I think it is just wonderful.

Happy Tails 05-31-2010 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk

Originally Posted by marsye
My mother calls me a huzzie so how bout quilt huzzies? :lol:

Is that a nice word or not? What was your mother's mood when she called you a huzzie?

She's usually laughing her A@@ off! She gets a kick out of it. :lol: :lol: Did I tell you I took after my 74 year old mother? hahahhaa A couple of days ago her and I went to Walmart. When we hit the door she usually goes her way and I go mine and then we meet back at the van. Well when I got to the check out she was 2 ahead of me in the same line. She wrote a check and they asked her to sign the little machine thing. She said how do I do that? She tried using her finger and the clerk handed her the pen. She still didn't know what to do with it. :lol: She didn't know I was in line so I hollered "thats my mother, we don't let her out of the house very often!!" She looked up and yelled back at me "shut up you huzzie" :lol: Everyone all around was cracking up. So you see...I get it honest. :wink:

OMG OMG You sound just like me and my dearest little mother. I also look after her, she's 84 and used to play hide and seek in the stores, and I said one time to her, loud enough for those around to hear, "I told you if you didn't behave, I'd have to take you back to the home" OMG that was so funny, now she suffers from austio and is in so much pain all the time that she hardly goes out.........anyway, back on track.....if we can't be called "sisterhood" how about "personshood" or just "quiltershood" or just plain crazy from the hood, <shakin head> I don't know, just real good helpful people, if it wasn't so early, I might be more creatie, LOLOL :)

MegsAnn 05-31-2010 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Just out of curiosity: Have you all noticed that most (if not all) use the personal pronoun of "my" when talking about the QB?Admin and the moderators have certainly created an environment where we all BELONG. I think it is just wonderful.

It is wonderful! I also use the word "my". I say, "my online quilting buddies".

Ninnie 05-31-2010 02:04 AM

Living in the "boonies" of NC, and not having any quilters or LQS close by, I call this My Inspiration. Alas, my list of Future Quilts has doubled, since being on here :roll:
It also helps to keep me on track, and makes me want to work on quilts,and finish them, so i can share. I come here for encouragement. and for help, It is great to get honest answers, which help we to become a better quilter. I learn something new here every day :D

marybs 05-31-2010 03:33 AM

"my favorite site" laughs, education, ideas, honest answers and lots of smiles!