Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   so what is this board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-board-t47643.html)

Joeysnana 05-31-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
how about a cyber quilt guild?

I don't belong to one. I know there is one about 20 min. from me but they are the quilt police. I'm afraid of them. Maybe this could be a guild where quilt police are not allowed.

Kind of like a "girls" clubhouse when you were a kid. But we allow guys. Even though we probably were right way back then- they probably had cooties. And where do the cooties go when suddenly they appeal to us? One of life's mysteries best left to another time.

Cyber quilt guild!! I like it! I don't belong to a guild and even if there was one in my area, I probably wouldn't join. So this forum is my guild!

QuiltingGrannie 05-31-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by luv-e
"Threads of compassion and inspiration"
quilting grp. of sisterhood

And brotherhood for all the male members we have. Love you guys!

QuiltingGrannie 05-31-2010 08:45 AM

I tell folks I belong to an online Quilting Board. Or that I'm a member of an on line Quilting Board.

To my DH I tell him I have to check the board. He then knows I'll be on line a WHILE.

But I consider it a group of wonderful friends with a common interest (or two or three) from around the world that if it were not for this QB I never would have had the chance to 'meet' and get to know.
(And if I don't get away from 'checking the board' I'll never get anything done today....) Could spend 24/7 here.

Blanket Angel 05-31-2010 08:52 AM

This is a group of kind and caring people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. I,too, are grateful to all of you as you are my quilting friends and teachers.

champagnebubbles 05-31-2010 09:22 AM

I refer to us,you as my Quilter friends

BizyStitches 05-31-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
I was thinking- when talking to others about the board- how do you refer to us?

Is it a support group- but I already belong to one to soothe my soul (lost my brother to suicide). When I think of a support group it's not really this group... I'm certainly not hurting when I'm here (except for peals of laughter and the tears from too much laughing).

And it's certainly not the support I need to keep my buying habits at bay... that's enabling and there's enough of that here- I have to be strong not to buy.

So what are we? Need a name for it- fun filled group of people sharing a common interest in quilting and all the internet has to offer lumped in one website. Can there be one word for it????

I call it "my quilting message board"

Kitsie 05-31-2010 09:38 AM

Bunch of Sew & Sews?
Like many I live rural on a fixed income and really enjoy the friendships and learning!

Joan 05-31-2010 09:43 AM

Every one of you are a regular part of my life.

I need to check in to the "Board" at least twice a day.....

Sharing.....Laughing.....Inspiring.....Uplifting.. ....Informative.....Supporting......Fun

And best of all, giving Hugs when needed!

(my Quilt Guild only meets once a month but you guys are around 24/7!)

Pins n' Ndls 05-31-2010 10:03 AM

How about "QB QT's..... or "Best Friends"

Arleners 05-31-2010 10:18 AM

This is my favorite on line quilt group. I love reading your comments.