Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   so what is this board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-board-t47643.html)

sapdoggie 05-31-2010 05:07 PM

Quilt Shares

tcnmom 05-31-2010 05:35 PM

I have belonged to quilt guilds but they don't hold a candle to this group of wonderful friends. Everyone is so willing to share information and websites. The websites are not always good for my credit card.:) Difficult to choose a name, as we could be called many things.

crazicorn 05-31-2010 05:51 PM

I usually refer to it as "my online quilting group"

Mousie 05-31-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
My online quilting friends is what I generally say. Pat just calls you "my QB friends" and when he does something quilt-related he always asks me if I told the QB about it.

ditto...and my DH has learned that occassionally I 'share' home stories.
It has taken some time for him to realize that although I joke about a lot of stuff, I don't really tell truly personal information.
LOL...I've got him skeered and on the run...translates to: BEHAVING!!! :twisted:

Gerbie 05-31-2010 06:07 PM

I just really (Hate) lol this site, because it is so addictive. Once I sit down at this computer to check my email , I have to go over every thread it seems and can't get away to get anything done. Maybe I'm just nosey and want to know what all is going on. I have met some fantastic folks on this site and have learned so much. There is a mountain of information that comes from this site. I have told several of my quilting friends about it, but most are not on the internet or don't use computers. Do you suppose that's why they get more quilting done than I do? I m so glad I stumbled across it. Thanks for all the help and ideas you great folks. Gerbie

Mousie 05-31-2010 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
My mother calls me a huzzie so how bout quilt huzzies? :lol:

lol...I heard about you, this morning! ding, ding, ding and the light bulb goes on...after several hours of searching for a mother and daughter picture to see which one was the hussie, lol!
btw...j/j...gotcha :lol:

Mousie 05-31-2010 06:17 PM

my Mousepad is my home away from home and I use the term mousepad interchangeably. Of course I do...
for I AM MOUSE! :XD:
did you all know that your my "neighbors"? :thumbup:

Evie 05-31-2010 06:32 PM

I'm fairly new to this site and agree with all that has been said. I'm not sure I even remember how I got here, but I'm sure happy that I did. Like all of you, I often refer to the happenings on this site to my friends and family. I have learned and been inspired by lots since joining and expect there will be more to come. Thank you!

adrianlee 05-31-2010 07:00 PM

I refer to QB as my quilting friends on the internet.

wildyard 05-31-2010 07:17 PM

I call you all my quilty friends. I first heard the term here in this forum and loved it. I don't see any reason to dub you as online or offline, you are just friends. Valued and treasured!!