Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   so what is this board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-board-t47643.html)

dungeonquilts 06-01-2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by marsye
looney bins? dizzy chicks? psycho freaks? loose lizzies?

Marsey...........I thought I heard you calling me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marsey has summed it up.....I get waaaaaaaaaay so excited in conversation with others about all "you lovely friends" out here. I would love to meet, visit your home, share ideas...of course we all know that "maybe" could not happen, so I just have tea with you in the morning....reading the board. The only bad thing is it goes from just one cup of tea, to "two" or heck sometimes it "three". One name would be "Magnetic". Thank you for who/whom ever was instrumental of this board.

dungeonquilts 06-01-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
I always tell my DH "I have to check on the Quilting Ladies".

Do you know how "cute" this statement is.....I had my son that is with Management in Verizon (little plug there) fix up my cell phone so that I can keep in "contact" with you all where ever I go.....you all "rock" when I am stressed out. I think of everyone and yes, we exchange ideas...but also are saying a pray for one of your love ones, pray that you are not out there spending to much money on material :), pray that you are having fun making a special quilt, need I go on here how much I have to keep in contact with this board :)

sapdoggie 06-01-2010 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
I was thinking- when talking to others about the board- how do you refer to us?
Can there be one word for it????

Piece Keepers

craftmama 06-01-2010 08:17 AM

my sanity group. When I feel stressed, I just come on and read a few posts and ...................ahhhhh, it's like...Calgon take me away.

heidikins 06-01-2010 08:34 AM

I love you all. I was reading everything but soon realized I couldn't and still do what needs to be done around here. I used to post more too but I get so busy reading that time flies. You all are my treat to myself. I laugh with you and cry with you and feel a kinship when I see your name in another place. I have learned so much from this group. THANK YOU!! Heidi

mary 06-01-2010 09:36 AM

I like sapdoggie idea."piece keepers"

jane65us 06-01-2010 01:53 PM

I want to be adopted by each and everyone of you, I haven't been on very long but I am addicted again to another thing.
food fabric quilting Quilting Board.. it just goes on and on. What a person to do...Girls and Guys you are the Best.. Love you all

Quilt Mom 06-01-2010 02:21 PM

I have to admit that I call this the quilt board (not very creative, I know). But if I had to use one word to describe it to someone, I would use:

Serendipity - the gift of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.

Each of you is a wonderful friend, and so helpful. I like this group so much! Thanks!!!

Anne T 06-01-2010 02:51 PM

I think you got the perfect description of this message board, now all we need to do is get a name. :thumbup:

AlisaQuilts 06-02-2010 10:13 AM

Too FUNNY! I LOVE IT!!!!!! YOu made my Day! I've been job hunting with a dwontrodded heart, but you made me laugh!! Thank you~ topicnum=47643&postnum=1102636#

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk

My mother calls me a huzzie so how bout quilt huzzies? :lol:

Is that a nice word or not? What was your mother's mood when she called you a huzzie?

She's usually laughing her A@@ off! She gets a kick out of it. :lol: :lol: Did I tell you I took after my 74 year old mother? hahahhaa A couple of days ago her and I went to Walmart. When we hit the door she usually goes her way and I go mine and then we meet back at the van. Well when I got to the check out she was 2 ahead of me in the same line. She wrote a check and they asked her to sign the little machine thing. She said how do I do that? She tried using her finger and the clerk handed her the pen. She still didn't know what to do with it. :lol: She didn't know I was in line so I hollered "thats my mother, we don't let her out of the house very often!!" She looked up and yelled back at me "shut up you huzzie" :lol: Everyone all around was cracking up. So you see...I get it honest. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: