Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   so what is this board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-board-t47643.html)

winipb2 06-19-2010 07:26 AM

Here in the Houston area we have a group of us that get together once a month. We call our selves the Mavalous Matronly Mavons. However, to each other we are Fristers. Friend/Sisters. That is how I think of this group.
Wini - House of BCC in Houston

sewjoyce 06-19-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by winipb2
Here in the Houston area we have a group of us that get together once a month. We call our selves the Mavalous Matronly Mavons. However, to each other we are Fristers. Friend/Sisters. That is how I think of this group.
Wini - House of BCC in Houston

Fristers -- I like that!! :D

C.Cal Quilt Girl 06-19-2010 07:06 PM

QB Fristers Has a nice ring to it! :)

Mrs B 06-19-2010 07:38 PM

I love all your suggestions but Down Under your my Quilting Mates. For us Aussies 'Mates' says it all!
"I'd love to have a beer with (insert your name here) cause....'s me mate" (with apologies to Slim Dusty)

dotcomdtcm 06-19-2010 07:46 PM

I call it an online quilting community. Affectionately!

Jshep 07-29-2010 05:36 AM

Friends. What I love about this site is we talk about lots of things, cooking, canning, reading, family, trips, etc. not just quilting. Naturally quilting is the favorite topic.

Jshep 07-29-2010 05:40 AM

Uh-oh are you sure you want to know what Marsye was doing when her mother called her a huzzie? LOL

pamdux 07-29-2010 06:05 AM

I just think of it as QB. Just like a football team needs a quarterback to lead the team, I need th QB to look to for support, friendship, tips, patterns, and just plain old fun.

montanablu 07-29-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by Kathy N
FRIENDS

I think that pretty much sums it up!! :D However, when I'm with my friends in person, you all are referred to as my "QB Friends" :lol:

That sums it up best for me!!

kathome 07-29-2010 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm

So what are we? Need a name for it- fun filled group of people sharing a common interest in quilting and all the internet has to offer lumped in one website. Can there be one word for it????

I love the suggestions and lovely thoughts and agree wholeheartedly, but in actuality this is a Quilting "Forum". There are now forums on the internet on just about any topic you could think of. Big-boards.com only tracks forums that have over 500,000 posts and those alone number close to 3,000 forums! So just to be included that category we are talking about 1,500,000,000 - one billion, five hundred million- posts and many of the big forums have way over a million members. Check out big-boards.com. Holy mackerel, there is a forum, "Gaia" that is a role play forum with over 22 million members.

We used to walk down the street to talk to someone, now we sit on our duffs and cruise on down the information highway.