Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Someone please come over and slap me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/someone-please-come-over-slap-me-t149444.html)

MargeD 09-01-2011 04:08 PM

Well sweetie, if I come over and slap you, you'd have to slap me back, because I've done that on more than one occasion. Don't feel bad about the right side/wrong side of batiks, I have in my possession - honest - at least 1 or 2 batiks that do have a right and a wrong side. When I have days like that, I put the project away and either walk away from the sewing machine, OR do a totally different project. Despite being extremely careful, I thought, I managed to get a huge fold in the backing when I was sandwiching this year's family reunion quilt and was on a deadline. To say I was upset about this stupid mistake would be mild. We all have days like that, then there are other days when the sewing goddess/fairy makes everything go smoothly. Here's to smoother sewing days!!

vickimc 09-01-2011 04:12 PM

just one of those days. I have them quite often anymore.

Bren 09-01-2011 04:20 PM

Hey girl, no slaps from here (been there, done that, bought the t-shirt)! Just carry on...you CAN DO!

kerrytaylor 09-01-2011 08:41 PM

Hysterical! I'm new to this site and I've sure enjoyed the message boards. This one struck me as particularly funny. It sounds exactly like something I'd do. I'm a newbie, barely into my first quilt. I think I've managed to mess up pretty much anything mess-up-able tho eventually victory reigns. No clever tricks up my sleeve so I'm no help but I sure enjoyed the laugh. Thanks for helping me feel so not alone!

kerrytaylor 09-01-2011 08:59 PM

Hi all, I'm new to the site and this post is hilarious! (I thinks its a misery loves company thing). I'm just now piecing my first quilt. . . .self-taught. I don't quite know how I've survived myself and some of the THINGS I've done on this project. The best laid plans ....at least I know I'm not alone. Thanks for the laugh, I'm so sorry but I needed it!

roxie623 09-01-2011 11:14 PM

Ah the infamous "Binding is a Pain" club. Welcome and guess what? You are not the first and will not be the last quilter to have binding get the best of them. How do you think I know about this club. LOL

rahaube 09-02-2011 04:52 AM

It took me a while to get the hang of this but finally have it in my mind. My most difficult time is sewing that last seam after the strip is sewed to the quilt. I have to pin it and open it to make sure it is the right way every time or I do it wrong.

bernie 09-03-2011 06:19 AM

delete

butterflies5518 09-03-2011 04:36 PM

Baby quilt - birthing method and the batting ended up on the outside! Been sewing for 40 years, I SHOULD know better!

emlee51 09-03-2011 05:36 PM

Sometimes I have to stare at what I'm doing for a very long time before I can do the task at hand...then pray I don't screw it up!! You can get in line for the slaps!! Lol!