Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Someone please tell me you've made this block! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/someone-please-tell-me-youve-made-block-t249035.html)

wesing 06-25-2014 05:18 AM

Someone please tell me you've made this block!

1 Attachment(s)
I need coffee!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480318[/ATTACH]

wesing 06-25-2014 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Much better.

I think it would be fun to see everyone's goober blocks. Feel free to post them on this thread and let's see how bad it can get. [ATTACH=CONFIG]480319[/ATTACH]

Onebyone 06-25-2014 05:34 AM

Fun! for us to see anyway. I can't tell you how many pieces I've sewn right side to wrong side. LOL

quiltingnd 06-25-2014 05:42 AM

Lol! I should have taken pics of my blocks from a Jacobs ladder that accidently sewed together wrong yesterday.

charlottequilts 06-25-2014 06:11 AM

I don't have a picture, either, but this should make you feel a bit better.

One time I was making a quilt with 3" squares and one of the fabrics looked like dark aqua from one direction and nearly black from the other. Not realizing that quilting cotton could have nap, too, I didn't see it until I was nearly done. It was in the middle of the quilt, looking for all the world like a black hole. So, I bit the bullet and very carefully loosened and tied off the surrounding seams. This took a Long Time because the quilt top was big and bulky.

Then, I very carefully reset the square and restored the seams - the Very Same Way. :(

Hugs,
Charlotte

Annie68 06-25-2014 06:14 AM

No matter how many years we've been making quilts, or how good we are at it there's still those goofy blocks put together wrong, so frustrating! we all do the rip,rip rip.:o

ManiacQuilter2 06-25-2014 06:19 AM

It is easy to get lost when driving in unfamiliar area so it is just the same way to get the blocks wrong. It is ONLY a BIG problem when you chain sew a whole bunch of them wrong. YIKES !! :)

BrendaK 06-25-2014 06:33 AM

OK I am going to confess. It took me about 3 or 4 minutes to see what you thought was wrong. I just thought it was another design. Show us the quilt when you are finished, please. I think that we all have done the same thing but......God love you I never took pictures of them. BrendaK

mckwilter 06-25-2014 06:52 AM

I was sewing a similar block with two-fabric rails with a solid and print where your white squares are, and flipped half the rails on the center row so the print fabric was facing out instread of in. Luckily, I caught it while I was assembling the first full block, and not after I had sewn all the blocks together!

dunster 06-25-2014 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 6773516)
OK I am going to confess. It took me about 3 or 4 minutes to see what you thought was wrong. I just thought it was another design. Show us the quilt when you are finished, please. I think that we all have done the same thing but......God love you I never took pictures of them. BrendaK

LOL! Well, sometimes I have taken pictures of them - and it's in the pictures that I see the mistake.