Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stop apologizing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stop-apologizing-t88060.html)

kwhite 01-06-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Eisgoow
WHAT IS quilt piercing?

I think they meant piecing, not piercing.

kateyb 01-06-2011 07:29 AM

I taught teen girls in a Safe House to sew.
These were some of the rules
Follow safety rules (I showed them how to use a rotary cutter etc.)
No bad language allowed
There are no stupid questions
The second season I added a new one
DO NOT disassemble my sewing machine. It is to expensive to repair.

dpparris 01-06-2011 07:29 AM

I agree! I think that everyone has ways of doing the same thing, sometimes by asking question (even if you think they are silly or stupid) you can have several people answer them and find an easier way of doing something.

I always ask questions! I think all the people on this forum are willing to help with any question. LOVE this forum!

sewwhat85 01-06-2011 07:38 AM

i agree ask away

Jan in VA 01-06-2011 08:11 AM

In my beginner class, a coin box sits on the table. On the side is written, "A lady never makes excuses."

A nickel or dime goes into the pot every time someone puts themself down. After the first couple of times there's lots of good-hearted teasing, reassurance, complimenting, and fewer and fewer deposits. Usually works like a charm. :-)

Jan in VA

Cyn 01-06-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
In my beginner class, a coin box sits on the table. On the side is written, "A lady never makes excuses."

A nickel or dime goes into the pot every time someone puts themself down. After the first couple of times there's lots of good-hearted teasing, reassurance, complimenting, and fewer and fewer deposits. Usually works like a charm. :-)

Jan in VA

cool idea!

debbieumphress 01-06-2011 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jan in VA

Jan in VA

Sounds like we all need one and look at the fabric we can buy later. LOL

Everyone has questions, and some are asked more than once. I don't mind because there are thousands of people on here reading at different times and if we had to look back over all the posts to find an answer, then oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So ASK......The only dumb question is the one not asked. I've heard that so much. And we definitely have some great quilting minds on here to answer. Makes everyone feel needed and that's what this board is for.

Hee hee I knew the answer to that one. (LOL)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154904[/ATTACH]

QBeth 01-06-2011 10:46 AM

If anyone is keeping count/track of stupid questions, get in line behind me! I'm just happy to get anything done, given the lack of time. Smile everyone!! It's a big boat! :-)

LivelyLady 01-06-2011 12:26 PM

I agree! If I'm able to answer someone's question, it's only because I had previously asked the same question myself at one time or another. This is how we all learn. :D

Marge L. 01-06-2011 05:40 PM

There is no such thing as a stupid question. How will you ever get an answer if you don't ask? I know I've quilted for some time and there are so many things that I have learned since be on this board. There are times I am embarassed to ask when I feel that I should know the answer.