Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Storage boxes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/storage-boxes-t49335.html)

BellaBoo 06-12-2010 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I tried getting some of the pizza boxes but they wanted to charge me the price of a pizza! Needless to say I didn't buy any.

I would have told them they would not get a penny of my money for pizza either. Selling a clean box at cost is reasonable but to jack it up to the cost of a pizza is a manager I do not want any dealings with not even outside the store. Imagine someone is probably married to this jerky person.

dkabasketlady 06-12-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I tried getting some of the pizza boxes but they wanted to charge me the price of a pizza! Needless to say I didn't buy any.

I would have told them they would not get a penny of my money for pizza either. Selling a clean box at cost is reasonable but to jack it up to the cost of a pizza is a manager I do not want any dealings with not even outside the store. Imagine someone is probably married to this jerky person.

Maybe he's pocketing the extra money himself!

watterstide 06-12-2010 04:57 PM

You go girl! good find!

debbieumphress 06-12-2010 05:06 PM

I use the plastic scrap making ones from Joann's. They are 5.99 as opposed to higher in the quilt section. Work well. My friend came to the last retreat with hers in those keyboard boxes. So cool. I am going to try to get some pizza boxes this week. They know me in there so it might help. Small town, ya know.

Deb watkins 06-12-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
I have used the pizza boxes, but I haven't used computer keyboard boxes. Great idea! Now if I could just find someone who would have several of them, I would be all set!

I used to use the pizza boxes for my students' projects. You can buy them in bulk at GFS. I don't remember how many come in a package, but I do know that they come in different sizes. ;)

You might contact the schools tech person. I know schools upgrade the computers frequently....

Prism99 06-12-2010 05:40 PM

If you use cardboard boxes, remember that they are not good for long-term storage. The acid in wood products such as cardboard will damage fabrics over time. While the intent may be short-term storage, I have enough UFOs in my stash to know that some projects can get sidelined for years at a time....

Deb watkins 06-12-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
If you use cardboard boxes, remember that they are not good for long-term storage. The acid in wood products such as cardboard will damage fabrics over time. While the intent may be short-term storage, I have enough UFOs in my stash to know that some projects can get sidelined for years at a time....

Thanks for the reminder of this. I suppose that I could always a plastic bag to store for a bit for a little added protection.

littlehud 06-12-2010 06:04 PM

What a great find for you. Good eye to catch those great storage boxes. And the price was right.

craftybear 06-12-2010 10:05 PM

awesome idea, enjoy getting organized

mom-6 06-13-2010 01:28 AM

You can also sometimes find the clear plastic envelopes like for scrapbooking at a 99cent or Dollar and More type store.