Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Storage boxes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/storage-boxes-t49335.html)

lnikkers52 06-14-2010 04:55 PM

I use the pizza boxes , But i go one step further. I cut a plastic note book page open the kind you slip pagegs in and glue it down on three sides to top of box and slip directions or templates or fabric samples in the see through plastic. I don't have to open box to see what's inside. then when project is finished I remove all inserts and add new project stuff

quiltilicious 06-14-2010 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltin'Lady
I like to use the big plastic containers that they sell lettuce and spinach in these days. Clear, no cardboard/paper issues, holes for ventilation, stackable, FREE.

I like to put a "project" together (pattern + fabric) in one for when I have time to get back to it. Having these nice clear containers on the shelf helps me to remember to do so!

that's a great idea! I don't know why I don't think of these things. We've been throwing those out!

Luwana 06-14-2010 05:49 PM

what is a UFO and HST?

brushandthimble 06-14-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
You can also sometimes find the clear plastic envelopes like for scrapbooking at a 99cent or Dollar and More type store.

I use these all the time, one per project.

When I use cardboard I use a layer of excess batting to line the bottom and sides of the box. When cutting out a whole quilt I like to use the box bottom water bottles or something come in.

Annz 06-14-2010 05:53 PM

wow. I'm jealous

RedGarnet222 06-14-2010 06:10 PM

Luwana,
Half square triangles hst
Unfinished fabric object ufo

This is a good idea. Thanks for the heads up!

Pins n' Ndls 06-14-2010 07:48 PM

Joann's has photo boxes on sale for 2/$5.00. They measure approx. 8x11 and around 4 1/2 " high. These are great for small scraps. I just purchased a dozen and can't wait to label and fill them. They're very decorative as well as great storage. I like to stack them to save space. Hope this is helpful. p.s. I'm hoping they are acid free !

quiltinggolfer 06-15-2010 07:05 AM

During the after Christmas sales, I buy the shirt boxes that are folded (usually the white ones) at Dollar Stores for 90% off. Makes great block of the month storage. When not in use, I can fold them back down.

stpatmom 06-15-2010 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by lnikkers52
I use the pizza boxes , But i go one step further. I cut a plastic note book page open the kind you slip pagegs in and glue it down on three sides to top of box and slip directions or templates or fabric samples in the see through plastic. I don't have to open box to see what's inside. then when project is finished I remove all inserts and add new project stuff

Wow! We're supposed to finish projects? What a great idea, I should try that sometime! My husband would be pleased to see something come out of that mess of a room!

dgrindey 06-15-2010 08:02 AM

that is great--I use pizza boxes as well.