Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Storing rulers... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/storing-rulers-t143553.html)

oldcottontop 08-09-2011 06:42 AM

I use a hanger to hang mine up...like the plastic hangers you get when you purchase a pair of slacks...that have the clips on the bottom. Very low cost. FREE :thumbup:

FroggyinTexas 08-09-2011 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by My time
Does anyone have any good solutions for storing rulers? I don't want them packed away in a cupboard. I saw a ruler holder at the quilt store but it was $25 and that seemed pricey I'd like them to be handy and accessible.

My woodworking brother made some for me. They are better than anything you can buy. But for the material and labor that goes into making them, $25 is a fair price. Wait until you have a coupon and you can get one for $15. froggyintexas

caspharm 08-09-2011 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What about pegboard? I have seen several people using pegboard.

I am using the small picture hanging hooks from the "Command" series of hanging products from 3M. Just don't overload them. I have them hanging on a cabinet I bought.

Hanging rulers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238947[/ATTACH]

sewnsewer2 08-09-2011 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made myself one and it hangs on the back of my sewing room door.

Owllady 08-09-2011 06:55 AM

I have one of the office letter holders and it works fine for me. Sometimes you can pick them up at garage sales of they are not real expensive at Office Depot.

dlux 08-09-2011 06:56 AM

The desk organizer works best for me to hold the rectanular rulers in a variety of sizes and they are easily within reach. For the square rulers, I have the upright file folder. These are sitting at the back of my cutting table. I'm not tall enough to easily reach the wall behind the cutting table but I do have a bulletin board there where I can tack up the pattern and instructions of whatever I'm currently working on.

ShirlinAZ 08-09-2011 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by janell2009
Maybe I am just too simple.. I just put some nails in the wall by where I use them and I hang them from the nails.. they are right there and I can see them. But I only have 5 rulers of different sizes. So maybe people have more than that, I do not know.

Me too. I can grab the exact ruler I want without having to fumble through the rest. And I like the way they decorate my walls.

RDM 08-09-2011 07:08 AM

I bought a large plastic file folder holder which has about six sections to it and works great. Same principle as the quilting ruler holders but a fraction of the cost. I've used it for years and my rulers are in new condition and it's easy to grab one.

sewmagic 08-09-2011 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is mine, cheap from Office supply store or Walmart.

Donna in Mo 08-09-2011 07:20 AM

I have a peg board wall that hang my templates and rulers on. It's great and doesn't use up desktop room. It also holds lots of other sewing goodies. When my husband makes me a plexiglass template, he always puts a hole in it so I can hang it.