Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Storing rulers... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/storing-rulers-t143553.html)

sasissy 08-09-2011 04:54 AM

I have a small stand meant to hold about 30 or so spools of thread. it is plastic, cost about $2 and holds tons of rulers on my cutting board. The longest ruler I have is 24 inches and the shortest is 2 1/2 and they all fit (I also have some odd shapes too)

vickig626 08-09-2011 04:54 AM

I have a small rack I bought at the office supply store for holding binders or books. I keep it on the shelf over my table and my rulers are right there to grab.

My larger ones?? My 3x18 rulers just sit to the side of my sewing table (don't use these much other than lines for quilting). My large 6x24, 12x12, bigger ones, I just keep on a shelf next to my cutting table.. those aren't so organized.

Val in IN 08-09-2011 04:57 AM

I have 3 large baker's racks in my sewing room. They hold my fabrics, bins of scraps, magazines etc. On the ends of the bakers racks, I cut pegboard to fit and attached it with zip ties. I hang my rulers, scissors, rotary cutters, quilting hoops, etc. on pegboard hooks on the pegboard. I also saw a post on the board recently where a smart quilter picked up an old wire record holder from a thrift store and uses that to store her rulers in.

Cheri_J 08-09-2011 05:02 AM

I have a big peg board on the wall. it's not pretty, but it works great.

topstitch 08-09-2011 05:03 AM

I put my rulers on cheap shower curtain rings and hang them on anything handy like a board with pegs on it. If there is no hole in the ruler, I put them in a clear bag and do the same thing.

Eloise 08-09-2011 05:05 AM

my husband took a piece of scrap wood, cut ridges in the wood length wise and then sanded and stain it. Looks so good! Trouble is, I need him to make me another one! YIKES

Dakota Rose 08-09-2011 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by rekrug

Originally Posted by AmyBaby
I asked this same questions a while back and so many people had great suggestions. However, I got to scheming with my dad (he's a transplant patient and needs to keep himself busy) If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll show you the drawing of what he's working on for me.

Please see post about items my Dad made! I think I posted it in the wrong way!

Where are they posted?

Olivia 08-09-2011 05:08 AM

I bought molding and attached to the wall. Then using the rulers as measurer I used finishing nails to use as hangers. Only the two nails attaching the molding are into the wall.

wolfgrannie 08-09-2011 05:10 AM

My husband took a piece of board and put slots in it for my rulers. It works well.

fivepaws 08-09-2011 05:14 AM

A large O ring, hung on an S hook, works for me. Very little expenditure. Of course, I have a few with no holes at the top. They are stacked in an in-coming, out-going metal thing. Available at any Staples or Office Depot. Anyone still have toast racks? Would that work?