Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Strange Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/strange-quilter-t56751.html)

bejay28 07-29-2010 06:30 AM

Borntohandquilt,

Are those all your quilts that you have quilted on that web site that is attached to your signature? Those are beautiful! I can see you have put to much time and effort in your quilts, you have done a wonderful job!

Grama Lehr 07-29-2010 06:33 AM

I only wish that I could do such beautiful hand work!! :roll:

montanablu 07-29-2010 06:33 AM

Your work is exquisite!! I wish I lived around the corner from you! - I'd be sitting at your knee soaking up everything I possibly could! PLEASE tell me you are teaching at least one person to quilt! Your style needs to be passed along, as should ALL great art!!

Borntohandquilt 07-29-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by bejay28
Borntohandquilt,

Are those all your quilts that you have quilted on that web site that is attached to your signature? Those are beautiful! I can see you have put to much time and effort in your quilts, you have done a wonderful job!

Thank you!
I've done all the quilts on my website and I also did some more. But some of them are sold or I gave them away as presents and I think there are 3 big ones and 2 small that I have to take pictures of.

Borntohandquilt 07-29-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by montanablu
Your work is exquisite!! I wish I lived around the corner from you! - I'd be sitting at your knee soaking up everything I possibly could! PLEASE tell me you are teaching at least one person to quilt! Your style needs to be passed along, as should ALL great art!!

:oops:
I've just started again to teach handquilting after a break of about 4 years. (I didn't have the time because of a fulltime job) Handquilting seems to start a revival here in Germany - but wholecloth quilting is still very rarely done.
I love the traditional quilting patterns with all their varieties so much and I see it somehow as my mission to keep them alive and to show them to other interested people. Hopefully I can manage to do so.

ClairVoyantQuilter 07-29-2010 06:44 AM

Andrea . . .just visited your website . . .those are INCREDIBLE!!!! What talent you have!!!!! :)

I've never seen a quilt with a knife edge before. . .but LOVE it :)

montanablu 07-29-2010 06:54 AM

Andrea,
I too just visited your website ---awesome!! You should be very proud of your work, it really is amazing! You made me very happy to hear you are teaching again:) Now if I could only afford to come over & take a class... :)

deranged_damsel 07-29-2010 06:59 AM

I dont consider myself an "average" quilter either!
that is one of the amazing things about quilting! it dont matter the method.. only the end result!

WOW! I just visited your site!!! what awesome talent!!!

Lakeview Quilting 07-29-2010 07:17 AM

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are gifted.

bejay28 07-29-2010 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt

Originally Posted by bejay28
Borntohandquilt,

Thank you!
I've done all the quilts on my website and I also did some more. But some of them are sold or I gave them away as presents and I think there are 3 big ones and 2 small that I have to take pictures of.

Everyone of those quilts are beautiful! I have only seen hand quilting in a straight line before and loved it, but, your quilting and designes just bring a feeling of home and warmth! Yes, I agree, please teach more how to do quilting that way!