Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Strip Cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/strip-cutter-t27503.html)

Olivia's Grammy 10-23-2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
Oh by the way, How cute is Olivia!!!!!

Thank you we think so, she is 4 months old. So I guess I'll be looking for a Strip Cutter. My hubby says if I don't have the latest gadget it's because I heard of it. Just bought the Side Winder, because the bobbin winder on my machine started acting ugly. Just got it back from the repairman and forgot to tell him about the bobbing winder. It was cheaper to buy the Side Winder with the 1/2 price coupon at Joann's then go back to the repairman. Does Joann's sell the Strip Cutter, I wonder?

harrishwhippets 10-23-2009 03:50 PM

No, at least mine don't, some one posted that her walmart still had them, you may want to contact her, it's on the last post about this. I pd 62.00 and change for this bloody thing, when my Walmart reduced them to $10.00. I like this one because it's my go to ruler size at 24", someone posted a link to a 36 for less, but it has to be cut sideways on my table making it uncomfortable for me to cut. Bought mine from Nancys notions. I've got a little grandaughter coming in March, God willing, can't wait, your blessed.

amma 10-23-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy
I must be missing something here, why the stripper cutter instead of the ruler and rotary?

I am looking at them because I think it would be easier on my hands...cutting the usage of the rotary down drastically... I want to be able to go somewhere and test drive a couple of them :wink:

harrishwhippets 10-23-2009 04:28 PM

Amma, I hope you have better luck than I did, maybe a walmart might have one. Mine did not, some places carry the 12" Donna Dewberry but again not around here. Hope you find some, mine is discontinued and that is from the Friskars company, I emailed them. It for sure helps my hands. Good luck to you

amma 10-23-2009 04:41 PM

Thank you...I do ok right now with the rotary and ruler...but it won't be long before I may not be able to...so I am thinking ahead :wink:

littlehud 10-23-2009 04:52 PM

That is an interesting tool. It's more money than I want to spend right now though.

amma 10-23-2009 05:08 PM

Me too...but I thought I had better start looking and throwing change and $1 bills in a jar...so that in the future I will be able to keep quilting :D

Melinda in Tulsa 10-24-2009 10:28 AM

I got my mine (fiskars) at walmart for $32

harrishwhippets 10-24-2009 10:42 AM

I understand some Walmarts may still have them, mine reduced them to $10.00 two weeks ago cause they could not sell them. Where were these posts 3 weeks ago. :roll: Oh well my husband said it was worth the money for him not to pay for an emergency room visit, he watched me strip a bunch of bingings a while back and wondered why I have not cut my self yet. Kind of clumsy.

harrishwhippets 10-24-2009 10:43 AM

That was bindings, sorry!