Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Struggling With Motivation to Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/struggling-motivation-quilt-t195204.html)

Sewnoma 07-20-2012 11:33 AM

Definitely, your family comes first! That poor kiddo...I hope he gets some justice.

Relax and let the sewing bug bite you whenever it bites you. Quilting should not ever ADD stress to your life!

Good luck to you & your family.

Dina 07-20-2012 12:21 PM

Bless your heart! I am so glad you are there for all of them.

Dina

Dolphyngyrl 07-20-2012 12:33 PM

Yeah small children will do that to you. I work a full time very labor intensive job, then come home to take care of a 2 1/2 year old, after that I'm pooped and want nothing to do with anything but relaxing so I hear you

misskira 07-20-2012 12:39 PM

Those are basically the ages of my boys, and by the time they are in bed I feel the exact same way!! I have a corner of the living room right now and my little one gets into everything, so sewing in general is pretty tough right now. I figure this age is just a phase so I better enjoy it while I can.

Suzan88 07-20-2012 12:47 PM

Perhaps you could make a little sewing kit for the 4 year old with plastic grid, wool and a big needle so that while he 'sews' you can too. Just imagine how thrilled his future wife will be if you teach him to sew on a button or two. But everyone is right - you need to put your feet up whenever you can. And at some point negotiate the amount of help and support in terms of time you can give without losing yourself. When things calm down and get into a rhythm you may find more pockets of time that are just for you.

Latrinka 07-20-2012 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl (Post 5380338)
Thank you all so much for the words. It has been a huge adjustment. Things will get worse. My SIL beat the tar out of the four year old and there is a lot of emotional effects from that. I've suspected he has been hurting him for two years but never left marks. I'm a retired teacher and you learn behaviors kids develop when abused and he as had those. The pieces just weren't falling into place. He has a criminal trial in October and the best thing that could happen is for him to be sent to prison for several years. I know I am the most stable, positive person in their lives right now.

Awe, that's awful. I can relate, similar situation with my step-dtr, except she won't get out! Very frustrating! You are all in my prayers, don't worry about quilting right now, take care of you too!

susie-susie-susie 07-20-2012 01:00 PM

So sorry to hear of your trials. Things will get better. Once your daughter gets settled and gets settled in a job, things will get better. You aren't used to little ones, but as time passes you will get more used to having them around all the time. I have been there and watching the little ones takes a lot out of you. Quilting will be there when you are ready to get back to it. Hope things settle down for your daughter and you. Abuse is nothing to turn your back on and I'm glad you daughter had to courage to get away from him. Things will get better.
Sue

Grandma Peg 07-20-2012 01:10 PM

So sad. Enjoy your grandchildren and hope and pray all works out. you will have time and energy to quilt as things get better. Prayers for everyone.

Maggie_Sue 07-20-2012 01:18 PM

Abuse in my past, far, far, past, do take care as all have suggested. Prayers that children will regain their youth. My parents were my saviors, myself and three children returned home and started over. What a blessing that DD has you there for her. I would not have made it without my parents. Bless you. Prayers for all.

burchquilts 07-21-2012 02:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, sweetie... sounds to me like you yourself need some TLC. How about a hug?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350383[/ATTACH]