Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This stunned me a bit (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stunned-me-bit-t36065.html)

ScubaK 02-06-2010 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Originally Posted by weezie
She is an ignoramus. If they were quilt blocks, they would be pieced but not yet quilted.

Which begs the question: Are stupid people too stupid to know that they are stupid?

Love your statement. I do feel better and I knew all of you would know where I was coming from.

This is why I love this board!!!
Kirsten

Oklahoma Suzie 02-06-2010 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by quilterjody
Sounds like another quiltzilla strikes again. She needs to remember the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I agree with this.

LindaR 02-06-2010 06:15 AM

quilt police at the P.O. WOW...

samroberts01 02-06-2010 06:32 AM

Wow!! How completly rude, what is wrong with people today!

butterjoy 02-06-2010 06:49 AM

I would have said, Ma'm I made the quilt MYSELF. Not the machine. It took my hands to run the machine and 90% is by my hands only. Grrr. Some people just don't see how much work and love goes into making the quilt.

RedGarnet222 02-06-2010 08:38 AM

My answer would be to give her the most understanding demure smile that would make her wonder what I was up to. She is in the dark ages and has no idea how to even use a rotory cutter, much less quilt for today.

You just can't argue with ignorance.

Eddie 02-06-2010 08:42 AM

She seriously sounds like she is not all there in the head. What a social misfit.

Deb watkins 02-06-2010 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Margie
Maybe the only clothes that are really clean are if they were washed at the river and beaten on a rock, the only bread that is real is if you made your own yeast and baked it in a brick oven or in the fireplace, the only floors that are clean are those scrubbed on your knees with a brush, etc. How ridiculous.

I wish I had the talent to quilt by hand(but I have arthritis in them and cant) ..even then I would use the sewing machine to do the piecing that you cant see. I do think hand quilting is really beautiful...BUT so is machine quilting.

I also think that machine quilting is very difficult and complex. I can barely do the most fundamental machine quilting and hope to get better at it. My goodness, why cant people appreciate each skill for what it is. I have seen such works of art on here that they almost take my breath away. Pffffffffffffffffft, dont listen to rude, thoughtless, DUMB people.

And I wonder if there were special rocks......

Deb watkins 02-06-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by minnow895
another option would be to ask to speak to the post master general or the head of that post office there is also a listing in the us goverment pages for the number of the mast post men another option is to email the post master general i google to find the web site and lodge a formal complaint

it wasn't the PO worker, it was the lady standing behind me in line.