Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is this stupid? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stupid-t182819.html)

Pieces2 03-16-2012 03:39 AM

Leave the sewing machine at home. Pick it up on your way back through. You will be spending time with family. Grand kids will want to spend time with grandma. Sewing does not take time over grandchildren time. Time goes by too quickly, spend every minute possible with them. You can always sew at home.
What does it say to family if you prefer to sew instead of family time?

indymta 03-16-2012 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by mighty (Post 5060749)
Not stupid, take it! If you use it great but if not nothing lost!!!!

I agree with mighty. You may find you have no time at all to sew but what if it rains or you have no desire to do what the others want...you can say "I'll just stay here and sew" and no one should feel guilty. It's no different to me than taking a book along to read or now a days taking an ipad and spending all one's time on facebook. Go for it!

AnnT 03-16-2012 03:48 AM

I don't think that's stupid. I try to always take something to do, handwork if I have it . Whenever we go to Momma's I don't take my machine because she has one! But I do take it to my son's when we go visit there. It's your vacation, do what you enjoy!

kimbrennan 03-16-2012 03:50 AM

My two kids and their spouses and my granddaughter are meeting us there.

Not stupid but I would give up ALL my sewing stuff to spend 4 days with my kids and a...a....GRANDDAUGHTER!!!! Lucky you that your family wants to spend 4 days with you.....Maybe a magazine or two, but a sewing machine....NEVER!

solstice3 03-16-2012 04:14 AM

Do what makes you happy. I just did a 4 day getaway with hubby and was going stir crazy without machine.

Hueysmom 03-16-2012 04:16 AM

I fantasize that a whole vacation just quilting is my idea of a REAL VACATION!!!!!!

kydeb 03-16-2012 04:23 AM

I rent a beach house for a week every year in my former hometown. Last year I didn't take my sewing machine. This year I will take my sewing machine!! It's your vacation - do what you want!! If you take it and don't use it, no big deal but if you don't take it and want it.....oh well!!

robinsonkh 03-16-2012 04:25 AM

The other night my granddaughter and her fiancee dropped by to return our truck and they were in the living room talking to PAPA and I was in the sewing room. I heard them but did not take the time away from my sewing to touch base with them. I felt bad about it later. Life is really short and it could have been my last chance to talk to them. I love sewing but I love them more but my actions didn't say it. I say "people first, then sewing".

MaryAnnMc 03-16-2012 05:29 AM

If you don't take it and want it, you'll be kicking yoruself. If it's not a hindrance, take it along. The worst that can happen is your family jokes about how you can't be away from your machine for even a few days. Go for it.

starlite 03-16-2012 05:46 AM

Not stupid at all! Your vacation so why not do what you love to do.